cost of race truck

97stoker350

Reaction score
just a question (not going to do this) but people that do have 1000hp fuel only trucks, how much much does it take to build these trucks and keep them running or is there no set limit?:shrug:

MINK

Reaction score
it.never.ends.........from what I can tell anyways LOL I dont own a 1,000hp rig so I wouldnt know

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
i maybe have a high 500 HP
and everybody thinks i sell drugs LMFAO
i couldnt imagine if had a nice and steady income
all the things i could do? o and if i was single my truck would have another turbo LOL

:walkin:

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
I can tell you this... Im building a drag radial car... and the chassis alone is worth 10-11 grand to have some body build it for you, im building the chassis for less than 6 though with materials and tools i had to buy... then add the other costs... just to build can easily be over 75000 dollars and to race it everyweekend add another 25000 dollars.

Marty

Reaction score
1000 on Fuel? Don't think that's been done with a 7.3.

With nitrous?

You'll need a trans to hold it.
Better connecting rods
400/400 injectors
475 or larger or compounds (obviously mounting kit w/ wastegate)
Studs, springs, pushrods, firerings
Fuel system
Oil system

2-3 stages of nitrous

Then whatever the truck costs.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
If you have to ask you dont need to know LOL

Id suspect 75000 with a rc/lb like Brian or Mikes. I remember the last baffoon on PSN that said he wanted to build one and I believe Mike listed off 50g worth of parts. And that wasnt the truck and misc. Stuff

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
If you have to ask you dont need to know LOL

Id suspect 75000 with a rc/lb like Brian or Mikes. I remember the last baffoon on PSN that said he wanted to build one and I believe Mike listed off 50g worth of parts. And that wasnt the truck and misc. Stuff

And what happened to that guy......LOL

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Not to 1000hp yet (maybe never), but I've got the setup to support it. I can tell you that I have NO intention of adding up what I actually spent (I don't want to know). I have a rough idea of the major parts (see Martys list, plus appropriate machine work, etc), but that doesn't include the truck, cage, chassis work, custom plumbing of turbo and exhaust, wheels and tires, trans controller/datalogger and numerous other custom items.

Right now we're regearing the truck since we had to pull the rear end apart to figure out what's up with the locker and really off side to side wear of the slicks (one down to cords while the other has a bunch of life left). Depending what we find when we pull the locker apart...possibly rebuilding it or buying a better one.

Truck still needs a trans blanket.

Need to work on a better electric fan arrangement and possibly external oil cooling.

There is always something to spend $ on with a race vehicle. Always...

Marty

Reaction score
Yeah my list was pretty basic. Usually as soon as people see $3000 for injectors they balk.

JDub

Reaction score
I agree with Dennis on the above. It's a ton of money and time, way more than you'd ever expect going into it. My truck made a little over 900hp uncorrected and I know what I got out of it selling it last summer was WAY under what I was into it.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I've quoted building 2.6 pulling trucks for guys in the $50-80K range with them providing the truck. Build a motor, add turbos, and supporting mods - $30K+ for a race setup, Add in a built transmission $5K, add in a built Dana 80 rear axle for $5K, built dana 60 front axle for $5K, suspension work and supporting mods $2K, New 1480 and 1410 driveshafts - $1500, safety equipment - $$$, etc... it all ads up in a hurry.

For instance a custom built HX60 based HX60 protrusion charger is an easy $3500+ with out trying - I've heard some prices over $6K depending on mods and options. I don't add up receipts for my own stuff.... I don't want to know. LOL

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Whats a nitrous kit cost $450? So i would say i could for about $50450 lol. Thats building it myself and buyin used parts whenever possible and thats not counting things like trans rebuilds along the way and other redundent part that get replaced over and over.

Latest posts

Members online