Couple videos PHP and Gearhead tuning...

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Its not a "high idle" persay. If you notice I am not changing tunes... After a few seconds the tune automaticly bumps up to 950-1000 RPM's, which is perfect for keeping the AC cold, the heat moving and brings the volts right up to 14v. When in drive it doesnt do this, only when it park...

Its pretty slick really. Matt didnt say anything about it when he sent the tune, and when it first did it I thought something was wrong.

Yeah when i first got my tunes it did it and i was like WTF is going on? :shocked: what just happened?! haha

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I like to think there is more to good idle than just tunes:poke:

Oh thats why I mentioned P.I.S. in the title of the videos... piss poor injectors will never run right, top notch injectors will idle perfect even with a bad tune.

Thanks for a great set of injectors!!!

Matt's tunes by far have the best idle there is out there. It's a perfect balance of smoothness and haze from the tail pipe. Of course I have 200% nozzles, so I didn't expect perfection, but it's damn close. It idles just as good as it did stock.

I love all the tunes I've tried thus far...

No Limit has been some of the best Daily driving tunes I've run in a long time.

Matts tuning is very smooth and the tranny shifting is spot on.

Got to say the tow tune from PHP today was spot on. Held gears higher in the RPM's, down shifted when I needed. A joy to drive today for 350 miles...

No video's today, too much traffic and just in too much of a hurry.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hoe, what tunes are you running?

Hoe???

Ass...

Right now I have tunes from No Limit, Gearhead, PHP and Curtis on the chip... I'm chatting with Tony to get a few tunes as I have not run his stuff in years and the joy of this chip is just that...

Its harder to remember what tunes are where then it is to load new tunes.

bruce

Reaction score
Hoe???

Ass...

Right now I have tunes from No Limit, Gearhead, PHP and Curtis on the chip... I'm chatting with Tony to get a few tunes as I have not run his stuff in years and the joy of this chip is just that...

Its harder to remember what tunes are where then it is to load new tunes.

curtis aka pocket?

Barnhartal

Reaction score
I love all the tunes I've tried thus far...

No Limit has been some of the best Daily driving tunes I've run in a long time.

Matts tuning is very smooth and the tranny shifting is spot on.

Got to say the tow tune from PHP today was spot on. Held gears higher in the RPM's, down shifted when I needed. A joy to drive today for 350 miles...

No video's today, too much traffic and just in too much of a hurry.

At the risk of sounding like a nut swinger, my experience is the same.
Nltds daily driver tune is awesome for me for in town driving.
Matt's all out tune is the best tune I've run on my truck as far as idle, pedal feel, and shifting. Hydra is set to that tune most of the time.
Php's 80 tow tune has done everything I could ask from it.

Feel ya on the keeping track of what numbers what Joe. I keep a piece of paper with what's what in the center console. One of these days I'm gonna make a sticker for the back of the sun visor.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I love the hell out of high idle driving. When its cold out. I high idle in drive out of the neighborhood. It Rolls @ 20 mph and gives me about 5 min of warm-up.

Also use it cruising down back dirt roads hunting.

sent while staring at a windowed block

I do that too....i have a 1400rpm high idle. I can keep it at 35 or 55...it wont.stay in 2nd gear though so 35with occasional.brake tapping or it'll slowly shift its way to.55

The 1200 I had stayed around 25, similar to how you described.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Last winter I wasn't paying attention one morning when I had it in the high idle tune. Put it in gear and almost chit my pants LOL

dsberman94

Reaction score
I do that too....i have a 1400rpm high idle. I can keep it at 35 or 55...it wont.stay in 2nd gear though so 35with occasional.brake tapping or it'll slowly shift its way to.55

The 1200 I had stayed around 25, similar to how you described.

Or just put it in second on the column and it will stay there.

Southmike

Reaction score
lol
we got 6 pages and rolling on just a simple video of a truck idling.
should rename the thread ... idle gone wrong.

back on track do you have any old videos of your truck idling to compare it to ?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Or just put it in second on the column and it will stay there.

The whole point was laziness not to do all of that business.

@nobody special-wth are you talking about? Im sorry, this is.theeee one site where I can't view embedded youtube chit.

dsberman94

Reaction score
The whole point was laziness not to do all of that business.

@nobody special-wth are you talking about? Im sorry, this is.theeee one site where I can't view embedded youtube chit.

It's a video of php tunes on a cts that went into a high idle after a set amount of time. In this case it was 15 seconds. I saw it before I stopped being able to see them which was just recently.

Nobody Special

Reaction score
Also, since your hiding behind a screen name, care to reveal yourself?

I really hate people who try and start trouble and hide behind a user name...

Cody at PHP.

I never tried to "hide behind" a screen name. One of the first posts I ever made here explained who I am and WHY I didn't end up with a particular screen name. I think I contacted the site owner at some point early on as well to change it, but that didn't happen.

Who said I was trying to start trouble? I used to supply these calibrations all the time from around late 2010 to early 2011 and PHP sold quite a few of them. They were never on any "standard calibration" list though and people forgot about the availability of them since they had to be written on a per-customer basis due to customization of RPM, time delay, and ramp-up rate. Occasionally someone will ask about it; even though it's no big deal, it's nice to see it come through the order pipeline as it's really a handy feature.

backwoodsboy said:
Really wish Bill was still tuning the CTS. Main reason I bought the damn thing...

Blame Edge for never changing the Fusion software to save Bill 75% more time that he already didn't have during the day; it wouldn't have taken much for them to fix the software. He spent less time tuning and handling other work duties than he did fixing people's self-induced Fusion issues (needless "updating" of the device) of having to re-target calibrations after said "updates". It would take WEEKS for Bill to catch up to where he could upload new customer calibrations to Fusion after they'd been written because he was always busy rewriting/retargeting existing customer calibrations that had been blanked-out during said "updates".

Latest posts

Members online