Cp4 upgrade

Super08Duty

Reaction score
The good thing about running dual cp4s is that you can go to any ford dealer and order one if one of your fuelers die. And if you go with a cp3 over your stock pump, you can easily get a cp3 from a duramax. If your industrial pump fails or implodes, your going to have a hard time getting a new one and warrantying your failed pump.

Chris

Reaction score
Id be willing to try one. II gets a lot of bad press, but the forums tend to like to hose businesses that don't get on and post and suck everyone off.

In all honesty in the cp3 world, they make a decent pump. any modded cp3 will have a failure rate higher than a stock. dual pumps are definitely the preferred method. However, as much as everyone bags on II's pumps, weve had less failures from them than a lot of the preferred dodge and duramax cp3 shops. They had some k16 failures, but keep in mind those fail at a decent rate on bone stock trucks too. People just tend to be more vocal about it when it wipes out a set of modded injectors.

For those that are worried about tearing things up, do as Steve mentioned above and wait for a proven dual setup to hit the market with decent availability. A complete 6.7 fuel system can knock on $10k by the time you have parts, labor and what not tallied in.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Id be willing to try one. II gets a lot of bad press, but the forums tend to like to hose businesses that don't get on and post and suck everyone off.

In all honesty in the cp3 world, they make a decent pump. any modded cp3 will have a failure rate higher than a stock. dual pumps are definitely the preferred method. However, as much as everyone bags on II's pumps, weve had less failures from them than a lot of the preferred dodge and duramax cp3 shops. They had some k16 failures, but keep in mind those fail at a decent rate on bone stock trucks too. People just tend to be more vocal about it when it wipes out a set of modded injectors.

For those that are worried about tearing things up, do as Steve mentioned above and wait for a proven dual setup to hit the market with decent availability. A complete 6.7 fuel system can knock on $10k by the time you have parts, labor and what not tallied in.

oh pipe down sweet cheeks. LOL

Dr Smoke

Reaction score
Nah, why like powerstrokes and buy from a shop that doesn't cater to powerstrokes? Their compound 6.7 kit wasn't a success anyway.

I preach this so much.
Don from flo pro asked me where to do his 6.7 I said elite diesel. He sent it to industrial. 4 months later he phoned me up and said I should have listed she done gone blowd up. I feel the same way about h&s can tunes in modified trucks. Deadly combination

Industrial + h&s can tunes + Powerstroke = paper weight.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
How may of you have ever built sht and had it fit perfect? If you answered yes you're lying to yourself. Only a few companies have done it and have showed us the proof. That is where you buy from! That is all!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I preach this so much.
Don from flo pro asked me where to do his 6.7 I said elite diesel. He sent it to industrial. 4 months later he phoned me up and said I should have listed she done gone blowd up. I feel the same way about h&s can tunes in modified trucks. Deadly combination

Industrial + h&s can tunes + Powerstroke = paper weight.

i disagree with 1 part of the quotient. h&s can tunes are pretty solid. ive run them. at least updated ones.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
It's not the fit that matters, it's the actual results of power and reliability. I could slap something together and have it on the market in no time, is it gonna be worth a ***k? No. SPE just goes the extra mile to make sure everything is prim & proper before a ton of people buy it.

Latest posts

Members online