DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
6bwqSIel.jpg
[/IMG]

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Gotta get moving on this thing. So far have gathered head studs, gaskets, oil cooler, lifters.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Dude, its your truck but I just wonder why you are removing one of the best autos ever designed to put an obsolete trans in it?

Other than that I like your approach. Gonna be pretty sweet.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Dude, its your truck but I just wonder why you are removing one of the best autos ever designed to put an obsolete trans in it?

Other than that I like your approach. Gonna be pretty sweet.

Love rowing gears in these things...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
It's going to be a long shot if I'm able to swap it over. I gotta get some better rims and tires on this thing first. But ideally that's what I want, is a banger truck...

Do you guys just not like the manual cause they are slower?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
slower and just don't offer any real benefit over the auto... the auto arguably holds more power, with the right tuning, you can put it any gear you want, and it's cheaper to overhaul if you have a problem with it

I love manual transmissions. Pretty much every car and most of my Dodge diesels were manual. But the 5R is a match made in heaven to the 6.0 and 6.4. The manual is the inferior of the two IMO

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
there's an 04 reg cab manual for sale on DFW craigslist for under $5k

of course I passed on it because of the manual trans! LOL

6ohstroker

Reaction score
Yep I'm a local. Id have to check around but I may have a used cam. As far as the tranny debate goes I say throw some power to it before you swap it. I think you'll love the way it shifts and handles.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
oil sampling would have implied a closer eye on oil quality and change intervals, so it would in-turn prevent it from happening

IMO