Custom made bellowed up pipes?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried making their own bellowed up pipes? Did it work?

I found the right bellows for about $30 a piece. That would make it about $60 to make your own bellowed up pipes. I would say that is a little more rational than $415+ for International ones.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
304 Stainless. I am trying to think of any possible issues, but I don't see any. I would build my first set on a engine removed from the cab so it is easier to mock up. Then I could just replicate those if I ever wanted to make them for other people.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I made my own on my H2e kit, be about the same for a stock set up, just weld the collectors to the pipes rather then the joint.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I think I am going to have to do this with the engine in the truck. I don't have access to a completely assembled 7.3 removed from the chassis.

I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to just drop the tranny and work on it from there.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the stock up pipes are SS? Also are the early up pipes the same as the later such as e99 compared to a SD. I have and extra set from and e99 and would like to try some for my SD's.

Arisley

Reaction score
Make sure you disconnect your batteries before you go welding that close to the motor. I have heard of some bad things happenning. I have also heard people say there are no issues.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.