Daily Driver / Tow Pig Build....

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I got my mini-packs today and got them painted up. Not too bad for $89 shipped. Hopefully they will get installed along with the F-350 rear blocks on Saturday.

photo2-16.png

I also got a 6.0 plastic fan. I'm going to install it and see how it does compared to the 7.3 metal fan. The 6.0 fan blades weigh in right at 6 pounds. When I get the 7.3 fan off I will weigh them as well. I plan on starting a thread just for the 6.0 fan swap.

photo3-14.png

photo4-9.png

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I got the 6.0 fan installed. It was pretty easy. The hardest part was to get the fan shroud out of the way enough to get the 7.3 fan out and the 6.0 fan back in without removing the radiator.

I can tell a difference in the amount of air moving when the engine is below temp and idling.

The 7.3 fan blade setup weighs in right at 10 pounds where the 6.0 fan blade setup weighs in at 6 pounds. That is quite a bit of weight reduction on the front of the engine.

The research I've done says the 6.0 fan blades flow 10,000 CFM (can't confirm) while the 7.3 fan blades flow 5,000 CFM (can't confirm).

Here is the 7.3 fan laying out with the fan clutch still attached.

photo1-16.png

Here is the 2 blades side by side. Notice not only that the 6.0 fan is plastic (except for the center hub) and the the 7.3 fan is all steel. Also notice that the 6.0 fan has blades evenly spaced 360* around the hub while the 7.3 fan doesn't.

photo3-15.png

photo2-17.png

Here is the 7.3 fan clutch bolted up to the 6.0 fan blades. There is no modification needed to bolt the 6.0 fan blades to the 7.3 fan clutch. The 6.0 fan blades have the same clutch bolt pattern that the 7.3 fan blades do.

photo4-10.png

photo5-2.png

Here is the 6.0 fan installed.

photo21-2.png

photo11-3.png

BigJDW

Reaction score
Pretty cool fan mod, no pun intended. But, dont quote me on this, I thought the gaps in the fan where there so you can reach threw and change the belt and cps.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I got my truck back from the shop. I had the bed sprayed and the rockers sprayed. I had the lip under the fenders sprayed as well to help from rock chips. I REALLY like the look with the bed liner on the rockers. The only thing I'm going to change is I might add a single pin stripe about 1/4" above the bed liner on the rockers.

Not the best picture, but this was the inside of the bed before.

ce0822e6.png

This is how the bed looks now.

IMG_0605.png

This is the truck prior to the bed liner on the rockers.

DSCF0022.png

This is the truck now.

IMG_0610.png

IMG_0614.png

IMG_0613.png

HD F250

Reaction score
Great looking truck and cool mods!!! Keep up the good work, I would def love to have that truck as daily driver.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I'd love to do the PMF RSK, just can't justify the cost of it right now. I'm going to install the mini-packs and see how it looks/rides then. I might go to the RSK next year.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but do you have any pics of that wheel set up directly from the front?

Also, I was a fan of the truck all the same color and no bed liner at the bottom, but I can understand why you did it. Keep up the great work!

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but do you have any pics of that wheel set up directly from the front?

Also, I was a fan of the truck all the same color and no bed liner at the bottom, but I can understand why you did it. Keep up the great work!
This is probably the closest I have with a front end shot with the new wheels.

DSCF0015.png

The liner was mostly for protection. The Dana 60 swap along with the BFG A/T's like to fling the rocks.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture. I'm trying to figure out if I want 16x8's or 16x10's in the front to go along with the dually wheels in the back. I'll be running 285's all around on it.

Jomax

Reaction score
Not when the directions on the can say to apply 2 coats for best results :morons:

You apply one coat, wait 12 hrs then apply another. If you apply two back to back, it does nothing. Depends if you used turtle wax..... But hey if you had good luck do it. It's your truck, and it's a SHARP one!

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture. I'm trying to figure out if I want 16x8's or 16x10's in the front to go along with the dually wheels in the back. I'll be running 285's all around on it.
I'd go with a dually wheel in the front as well. There are a couple trucks around here running a regular wheel in the front with duals in the rear and it doesn't look good at all.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
A couple more exterior pictures today. Photo whoring I guess.

photo1-18.png

photo4-12.png

photo3-17.png

I also updated my Aeroforce Interceptor gauges with chrome trim. It looks much better with the chrome. It goes along with the silver dash and door panel trim that I have now. It also makes the gauges stand out a little bit agains the black gauge bezel.

Before:

photo11-5.png

photo21-4.png

After:

photo31-1.png

photo41-1.png

Countryboy07

Reaction score
I'd go with a dually wheel in the front as well. There are a couple trucks around here running a regular wheel in the front with duals in the rear and it doesn't look good at all.

Its all personal opinion... If I can find a good set of alcola's that aren't priced out the ass, I'll run dually wheels all around... Kind of like the look of the single wheel in the front on the dodges, so I thought I'd try it on the OBS.

You need spacers for your back wheels

Yep, got the spacers already. Ran this same set up on my old dodge. Thanks for looking out though.