Daily Driver / Tow Pig Build....

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Clean truck. Let us know if when/if we can help you out with a nice fitting bolt-in intercooler kit.

http://wideopenperformance.net/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=296_288_287_290&products_id=878
I appreciate the offer, but I have gathered all the parts to install a Super Duty 7.3 intercooler.

Very clean looking truck. Not over done but just right. Can't wait to see what comes of this truck in the future! Any more plans for it?
Thanks.

I have gotten everything together to get the 7.3 intercooler installed. Hopefully it will be worth the effort.

I have been thinking about getting a 3 gauge pod and a boost gauge as well.

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
Very Nice and clean obs! , looks alot better now!, like said above not too much but the truck is real nice.

Austin

Reaction score
That's a very clean truck, nice work.

Tom is going to have a run for his money at the rate you are going.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Thanks Austin.

I got another part for my intercooler install.

Spyder2.png

Spyder.png

Now I am waiting on my intercooler pipes to get here. I am having a custom set made specifically for the OBS with a Super Duty 7.3 intercooler for $200 shipped. They are one piece units. The only connections is at the intercooler and the spyder.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Wow.... thats a super clean truck man nice find. Any future plans?
The only thing I have planned for the future is an upgraded HPOP (when needed), Stage 1 injectors (when my go bad), install the intercooler I have currently ready to go in, and a Dana 60 front axle swap.

I just want to keep it simple and practical to drive daily, but yet have good power to pull anything I want it too.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
got to love a well maintained obs. any all aluminum ic's that i have ever seen have come off of the earlier model sd's though, plastic tanks went on late 02/03 i believe.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Sweet.

I got it installed yesterday. I put it under the steering column on the left side. It is kinda out of the way and not very noticeable.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I have been looking for the silver XLT dash and door trim for a while. I happened on a set of the dash trim on eBay. The parts happen to be in Evansville, IN so shipping was exactly 1 day.

Before:
IMG_0094.png

IMG_0095.png

After:
IMG_0096.png

IMG_0098.png

I also got my TS Chip switch mounted. It is out of the way and not very noticeable.

IMG_0097.png

I didn't like the way the mirrors were looking and didn't want to buy a new set. I decided to try some Mothers Back to Black polish. It is supposed to bring the black back to vehicle trim. Needless to say, it worked.

Before:
IMG_0089.png

After:
IMG_0090.png

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
lookin better every day man. yea thats another good place for the chip knob. i just used some interior paint and some body colored touch up paint on the interior trim to give it a custom look. the xlt part is now body colored.

Members online

No members online now.