Daily Driver / Tow Pig Build....

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I shot a couple pictures in my front yard after mowing today. It is nice to be able to look out the front window and see corn field and not city buildings. Yea, I'm pic-whoring a little.

IMG_0150.png

IMG_0149.png

IMG_0147.png

IMG_0146.png

IMG_0148.png

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
lookin good.clean cab light install. if you can get all that done in one day il shake your hand. took me and a buddy a whole weekend just to do a complete fuel system.lol

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I think I can get the install done in a day, minus the turbo part. If your in town next week and wanna help, give me a shout.

I got the rest of my fuel system parts today. Now I just have to get misc. parts and fittings to finish. I should be able to start making a mount for the filters Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to start on the fuel and 1.0 housing install on Wednesday morning when I get home from work. I am looking at about 8 hours of work to do the fuel system install by myself.

The block of aluminum is the banjo block that I got to reuse the stock steel fuel feed lines going to the heads. I didn't want to have to fab my own up. Fuel pump is from a 7.3 with 35,000 miles. Hopefully it last a while.

Fuel.png

Fuel4.png

I also picked up a wiring harness so I can add the relay and the fuse to the factory fuse box so the install and wiring looks a little more factory.

Fuel3.png

My FleetFilter.com order also came today. I got all the filters for my fuel setup, an oil filter for my truck, a coolant filter setup for my truck, an oil filter for my wife's Jeep, and a stock fuel filter for a 7.3 (I thought it would be longer before I did the electric fuel swap, dang stock leaky fuel pump) for $150 shipped. Every filter was more than half what the local parts store was on the exact same filter.

Fuel2.png

mjonesjr

Reaction score
ok were u live at in salem. you got alot a work to do.lol should be sweet when your done tho
I live off Bata Rd, but I work on my truck at my brothers on Rush Creek Rd.

I started mounting and installing small parts that could be done prior to actually pulling the factory pump today. I got my filter mounts and mount locations made and got the pump installed. I'll post pictures later tonight.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I got my pump and filters mounted today with what plumbing I could get done and still be able to drive the truck using the mechanical pump.

IMG_0166.png

IMG_0167.png

IMG_0170.png

IMG_0171.png

IMG_0172.png

IMG_0173.png

IMG_0176.png

IMG_0177.png

IMG_0178.png

I am going to build a skid plate for them when I get done so they don't get hit by anything.

IMG_0179.png

I also got my oil pressure switch mounted. I had to use a close nipple and a coupling to space it out far enough away from the oil cooler.

IMG_0174.png

More to come tomorrow as I am going to be doing the wiring for the system then.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
The more I thought about it tonight, I didn't like the inlet of the fuel/water separator pointed straight at the drive shaft so I made a slight modification.

Before:
IMG_0177.png

After: Aimed more toward where it goes.
IMG_0180.png

IMG_0182.png

IMG_0181.png

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
prob a good idea. wouldnt want the shaft to rub on the hose.lol im surprised your rear hangers and shackles were that rusty and the rest of the truck is so clean.you putting a gravity fed sump on or stock pickup

mjonesjr

Reaction score
prob a good idea. wouldnt want the shaft to rub on the hose.lol im surprised your rear hangers and shackles were that rusty and the rest of the truck is so clean.you putting a gravity fed sump on or stock pickup
I was amazed too, but the way they are designed compared to the aftermarket ones doesn't surprise me. The hangers had way too many spots in them to hold crap in that would rot the hangers.

I am using the factory Super Duty pump. I haven't read about anyone having problems with them picking the fuel up out of the tanks.

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
yeah the replacement one they gave me has a hole drilled in the middle guess thats there big fix for it.lol no i mean like the pick up tube in the tank. we put a gravity fed sump on the bottom of the tank for less restriction.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
yeah the replacement one they gave me has a hole drilled in the middle guess thats there big fix for it.lol no i mean like the pick up tube in the tank. we put a gravity fed sump on the bottom of the tank for less restriction.
I don't know about the front tank, but there is a big flat white plastic looking thing on the end of the pickup in the rear tank.

You don't have a picture of what your talking about do you?

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
no not on me sorry. they did one to project rust bucket in diesel power if you read that. it replaces the lines at the top of the tank with a sump on the bottom because the stock pickup is farely small and has screens in it. you would prob need 2 since you have 2 tanks not sure tho. mite be a write up on here about it

Latest posts

Members online