Daily Driver / Tow Pig Build....

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Yea its just my luck.

Now I just have to figure out why my glow plug system isn't working. Hopefully Gilstrap's will be able to tell Saturday. I've replaced the relay and checked the plugs, but the PCM still won't ground out the wire to the GPR when the key comes on.

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
i dout it there customer service has gottin pretty crappy im actually lookin for a new dealer to go to.do you mean the gpr isnt getting power or? cause it could be a prob with the uvch for the glow plugs if there not gettin juice

mjonesjr

Reaction score
i dout it there customer service has gottin pretty crappy im actually lookin for a new dealer to go to.do you mean the gpr isnt getting power or? cause it could be a prob with the uvch for the glow plugs if there not gettin juice
I know a couple of the owners, so if they treat me crappy we will have a talk.

The PCM isn't grounding out the brown/orange wire to trigger the relay like it is supposed to. The glow plug relay was just replaced this past weekend, the brown/orange wire is solid to the PCM; I ohm'd it out to make sure. It isn't grounded or it would trigger the relay all the time.

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
o really well the biggest prob i have is they dont call when my parts are in. ever. prob be a good idea to do some wire chasing then. have you checked to see if theres a fuse or something. also it runs off the oil temps for how long it stays on i beleive so maybe when you did your fuel system you messed with a oil pressure or oil temp sensor?

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Huh, I always get calls.

I've checked all the sensors and they are all plugged in. I read that if you unplug the oil temp sensor that it will keep it on the full 2 minutes. However, it still doesn't activate the relay when the oil temp sensor is unplugged.

I am hoping it is the IDM that is bad so I can justify getting a modded one from Beans.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Yea hopefully it is something simple. I know it is a pain in the 1 eyed willy to get the thing to start when it is 50* outside right now.

I wonder if how the modded IDM would work with my chip.

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
dam that is bad mine was like that before i changed the gpr. it sucks. ashame it aint still 103 outside.lol they work great because the chip doesnt really make the injectors open faster or anything like the idm does. my buddy had one on his with the ts chip and said it helped throttle response and ran a bit stronger and smoother. im gettin one for graduation so il let ya now first hand.lol

mjonesjr

Reaction score
If I used a jumper from the battery to the brown/orange wire, it starts like it did in the summer.

I should be getting my DB Electrical starter tomorrow, so hopefully that will eliminate the dragging starter too.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I had to change out my GPR last weekend.

New and old together.

IMG_0220.png

Old

IMG_0222.png

My factory starter decided it was about time to die. I guess after 14 years and 116,000 miles that is ok.

IMG_0228.png

I got a new DB Electrical high torque starter delivered yesterday. That thing is a beast.

Here is the old one and the new DB Starter.

IMG_0229.png

Here is the DB installed.

IMG_0230.png

IMG_0231.png

IMG_0232.png

The way the DB starts the truck is a COMPLETE different. It turns the truck over a lot faster than the factory starter ever thought about turning it over.

Here is a short video on how it starts now.

th_IMG_0234.png

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
no not really. i now someone with one of those gauges that shows like 100 parameters. im thinkin about buyin one be very nice to have.cant remember the name of it tho

Latest posts

Members online