Dana 60 swap front driveshaft

Reaction score
Just did my swap on my 250 and seems to me I have plenty of travel in my front shaft with my lift. Have atleast two inches of travel holding its own weight.

Just wanted to hear your opinions but I think I'm ok.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

JCart

Reaction score
How much lift and did you do an RSK? Guess you could always jack up the frame to see? What are you using the truck for DD or severe off road jumpin.... Heh heh.
On mine when I swapped in the ZF-5 (the PO had done D60) iirc I used same shaft just had it rebuilt, mind you I only have SD springs and 3" RSK. Mine is a DD/work truck and has seen some miles and has worked flawlessly. I'd recommend front and rear anti-sways too and a Borgeson steering shaft. The Red Head steering box is on the list.... With mods in sig below it handles and rides awesome.

jrc

Last edited:
Reaction score
4 inch rough country springs for 250. Prolly won't to rsk. Doesnt ride to bad and I don't forsee any jumping in the future lol. I had to grind the crossmember though because at full drop it was rubbing.

JCart

Reaction score
4 inch rough country springs for 250. Prolly won't to rsk. Doesnt ride to bad and I don't forsee any jumping in the future lol. I had to grind the crossmember though because at full drop it was rubbing.

So guessing you used the F250 shaft? 350 has a constant velocity joint at the transfer case end and I think will give clearance you need iirc. Highly recommend SD springs and RSK. Precision metal fabrications make a bolt on RSK. Too bad we don't live closer the difference is remarkable. Mine from the PO came with stock 250 springs with an extra leaf and 450 spring pack in the rear. Rode way too stiff for my needs so put on used SD springs all round and air bags (in rear) with stock anti sways. Handles and rides wickedly.

jrc

Reaction score
Yeah for what I plan on using the truck for I don't know if its worth it. Mainly gets drove in town and hooked to a sled on occasion.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I would like to pick up another one of these trucks for a daily so ill keep it in mind

Latest posts

Members online