Dd build help with turbo selection

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Truck a 96 5 speed mods I have coming studs, irate obs fuel system, springs, push rods, I have a 6.0 intercooler in my shop but I may not use it.

I'm leaning towards 250/200 injectors or maybe hybrids
Hpop not sure which one maybe spr1.1
Turbo is going to be a t4 mount and probably a Garett maybe 47?
I am on the fence weather to do a compound or a single honestly I HATE haze driving currently my truck hazes on the ts performance tune
I feel there is a time to role coal on a closed corse diesel get enough heat as it is without douches blowing smoke all over town.

So my question wich turbo would give me awesome throttle response without sacrificing much top end? It's gotta be smoke free from 0-half throttle.. I imagine a 1.0 is the largest a/r I can get without it being laggy... Or should I just get a set of compounds if that's the case what size inducer? If you have a set up with virtually no lag post it up!!! Thanks

CSIPSD

Reaction score
250/200 or Hybrids...

Humm thats a hard choice...

Should I get 250/200's or Should I get hybrids...

Thats a question for the ages...

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I think the 250/200 is what I'll get if I was going to stay with stock oil Id run the hybrids

What's the difference between the 4294 and 4202.

Truck will be used for daily driving and towing a snowmobile trailer during the winter(2 place maybe 2k) and I have a pretty big enclosed that I tow a bronco with a fee times a year (maybe 7k or so)

dirk0

Reaction score
250's and a gt47? Good luck getting the turbo to light up. As stated before, gt42series.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I was just reading on the nation and everyone is saying the gtx4294r will spool faster then the basic gt and flow more air on top the the gt4202.... also I was reading this combo can put out north of 600.... so anyone have that setup that can chime in gtx4294r with around 200% injectors? Once again smoke and lag are my only concerns what about a/r it seems around 1.14.. anyone have experience with running different a/rs with this turbo please chime in! Thanks

bruce

Reaction score
Vanderchevy ran 250/200, gtx4294, and an srp1 and his track times stated 600 I believe. The 250/200's or hybrids is a tough decision

INFRNL

Reaction score
This is a good thread with some funny guys, lol

Im also confused, no haze, no coal, but wants to run 600hp....hmmmm

I do not have the experience these guys have but will say 250/200s or 300/200s. Not sure what I would choose for turbo though

oneturboforme

Reaction score
This is a good thread with some funny guys, lol

Im also confused, no haze, no coal, but wants to run 600hp....hmmmm

I do not have the experience these guys have but will say 250/200s or 300/200s. Not sure what I would choose for turbo though

First off I never stated I want 600 I just sawwhere guys are getting over it. 600 kinda makes me nervous for the bottom end staying together.
There are plenty of 7.3s running over 6 that are virtually smoke free thanks to all the tuners seriously stepping up there games in the past few years .there is a time and a place to roal coal I feel the street isnt the place for it, we get a bad enough rap as it is

Thanks for thethread size

And ya probably not a good idea with my screen name but ive been laughed at for worse

INFRNL

Reaction score
What about 250/200s and a modded h2e or modded s366 that irate has? Thats a quick spooling, minimal smoke combo that could get you around 600 if wanted.

Or get the 300/200 and keep them tuned back just in case you want more in the future.

I do agree with what you said above. They still push out a good amount of smoke when you get on it though. Nothing like a dodge or pulling but decent amounts. Im with you though, I do not like leaving clouds of smoke.

Theres even a guy selling a s468 setup in the classifieds with low miles for a good price

oneturboforme

Reaction score
What about 250/200s and a modded h2e or modded s366 that irate has? Thats a quick spooling, minimal smoke combo that could get you around 600 if wanted.

Or get the 300/200 and keep them tuned back just in case you want more in the future.

I do agree with what you said above. They still push out a good amount of smoke when you get on it though. Nothing like a dodge or pulling but decent amounts. Im with you though, I do not like leaving clouds of smoke.

Theres even a guy selling a s468 setup in the classifieds with low miles for a good price

300/200s are a option but I higly doubt I will go bigger im just going to buy a 6.4 if I want more :), I will look into a h2e I know a lot of people run them, the reason I was leaning toward a garett is the quality of there turbos gotta figure with a stick it will be dropping pressure a lot more then an automatic id rather pay for something intially then having to replace it.... I know the 6.4 guys were eating bullseyes for awhile not sure if it got resolved or not

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score

No go unless your gating the 366 and pulling fuel. I ran that setup and hated it.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Ill also state I don't know anyone running over 600hp that is smoke free, that's a lot of fuel to get to 600 and a turbo big enough to do that isnt going to spool the fastest.

Latest posts

Members online