Dd build help with turbo selection

INFRNL

Reaction score
Have you made 600 on 250s with a stock hpop? If not don't give that advice.

I have not made it that far yet, but im now running an srp1.1 because everyone said it would make a big difference and it made none.
I also stated if the stock pump does not keep up then a bigger pump would be needed.

I have run around 500hp on stock pump and 250s without issue and know others as well. The op said he didn't want or need 600hp so he will be fine on a stock pump if its healthy enough, so I stand by my comment.

Last edited:

oneturboforme

Reaction score
one more thing.. i read at wot the gtx4294r with a 1.01 housing is just about 1:1 ratio.. do i need to gate it? personally i think not. but would like to know peoples thoughts on it

smoker00

Reaction score
I love my GTX4294R it spools as fast as stock..
moves lots of air and can tow..
For what I do with my truck wish i would have went with the GTX4202R

But I think for just 250cc or 300cc the 94 would do great..

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I have not made it that far yet, but im now running an srp1.1 because everyone said it would make a big difference and it made none.
I also stated if the stock pump does not keep up then a bigger pump would be needed.

I have run around 500hp on stock pump and 250s without issue and know others as well. The op said he didn't want or need 600hp so he will be fine on a stock pump if its healthy enough, so I stand by my comment.

I've also made 500hp on a stock hpop. But once you have big oil your truck will feel like a new truck IMO. Better power band, throttle response.

INFRNL

Reaction score
I've also made 500hp on a stock hpop. But once you have big oil your truck will feel like a new truck IMO. Better power band, throttle response.

I am sure you have much more experience than I, and have run more options than I have.
Maybe I just couldn't notice those differences. Even irate said I should feel the differences you mentioned. Idk.

I feel like I might have made a poor choice on turbo cause of this thread, lol.

Sounds like the gt4294r is highly recommended, has quick spool and still able to tow.
I have not had a chance to try various turbos, so I have nothing to compare to what I have. Would be nice to one day be able to at least ride in trucks with different setups to see how they are different.

What kind of mount does the gt4294r use, is it t4?

Last edited:

powerlifter405

Reaction score
it is expensive... but the way i look at it is like this.. i have a les baer and a wilson combat 1911. they have a heavy price tag but i know when i pull the trigger it goes bang and is very accurate and will be for years to come.. yes i could buy a rock island and it will go bang for awhile before the ramps ect get dirty from the loose tolerances and it will fail. not saying you cant build them as good or better but then your at the same pricetag or more then. i feel turbos to be the same way you get what you pay for.. i feel a water/oil cooled bb turbo should last for the life of the motor, not saying there arent good s468's out there but for a "good" one the price tag is also going to be up there.

If you are willing to drop coin on a WC or LB, then why haggle on price?

When I traded some emails w/ MPD I asked about the garrett and king-kong blowing it up. I was advised something to the affect in spite of their destroying every turbo they get, the Garrett was/is the most durable of the group.

I'm getting a GTX 4294 if I stay w/ a single when I go back to a 7.3.
Get the GTX, better map, better spool up, larger housing bearing whatchamacallit, so on and so forth.

Have fun!

oneturboforme

Reaction score
If you are willing to drop coin on a WC or LB, then why haggle on price?

When I traded some emails w/ MPD I asked about the garrett and king-kong blowing it up. I was advised something to the affect in spite of their destroying every turbo they get, the Garrett was/is the most durable of the group.

I'm getting a GTX 4294 if I stay w/ a single when I go back to a 7.3.
Get the GTX, better map, better spool up, larger housing bearing whatchamacallit, so on and so forth.

Have fun!

That's what I was saying. I believe in you get what you pay for. And I would drop the extra coin for a Garrett because I feel there better quality

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I love my GTX4294R it spools as fast as stock..
moves lots of air and can tow..
For what I do with my truck wish i would have went with the GTX4202R

But I think for just 250cc or 300cc the 94 would do great..

Saw your sig. What happened to the precision unit?

bruce

Reaction score
Yeah but b codes or even strokes a codes are old school. I don't think any of the major injector builders have b codes or stroked a codes on their sites.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Not to sure if it was a oiling issue or what but broke the shaft on both sides of the center
Section... that turbo was a beast.. made around 55 pounds at 5000'.. cleaned up my b-codes to a light haze..

When I called Forced Inductions, he did his best to stear me clear of a Precision unit. And did make reference that the Precision isn't as strong as the Garrett in his opinion and the physical dimensions on the Garrett are larger. When I called MPD, same thing. Both kept telling me a Garrett for what I wanted. Reliable and viable DD.

dirk0

Reaction score
Yeah but b codes or even strokes a codes are old school. I don't think any of the major injector builders have b codes or stroked a codes on their sites.

Because of the "big oil" perception? I've set off the ICP code on a hard run with hybrids and a single pump. And yes, injector builders still work on old school injectors. I have hybrids and b codes at Nate's right now with 8 or 9 cores.

I guess all 7.3 and 6.0 style injectors are actually old school. Depending on the injectors you have and the money you are willing to spend, will determine the best course to take. I don't have any stroked A codes any more. Never ran them. Took them on trade and then sold them. I currently run b codes and have a set of Hybrids as a backup set. The b codes seem to run better for me...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
That's what I was saying. I believe in you get what you pay for. And I would drop the extra coin for a Garrett because I feel there better quality

LOL...

Do you know anything about anything? Or do you just feel your way thru life?

Latest posts

Members online