DD clutch for a ZF6 What do you all use?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I didnt notice it much... Just the noise when the clutch is in is what i don't like about it.

Thank you! All this information makes it hard to make up my mind. I might not buy a DD if I can convince myself i do not need to do sled pulling or launches. But I am having a hard time doing that.

big_stroker

Reaction score
Thank you! All this information makes it hard to make up my mind. I might not buy a DD if I can convince myself i do not need to do sled pulling or launches. But I am having a hard time doing that.

I dont sled pull or do boosted launches... Just was getting tired of slipping a single disc way to easy.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I dont sled pull or do boosted launches... Just was getting tired of slipping a single disc way to easy.

I here you there. Anything much over 1.8 MS of PW on these injectors on the clutch starts to slip... The one reason I would like a DD. Just so i can use what I have without the clutch slipping..

psduser1

Reaction score
Oilite"?" I believe that is a brand name, pilot bushing, instead of standard needle bearing. No moving parts, we'll see how it holds up.

psduser1

Reaction score
This clutch is a dual disc, full faced organic. The pressure plate is 3400#, rated, and measured close to that when tested. Stock pressure plates "usually" measure 24-2600 lbs, and rated for 2800 lbs, for reference.
I bought it thru Kentucky clutch, don't know if they build them on site, or sell someone else's product. I suspect, at the price I got it, its built by them.
Now, your not going to go racing with it, the complete assembly weighs over 100#, but it seems to hold pretty well at my horsepower, 250-300 hp. How it'll hold up to bigger hp remains to be seen.
I can't shift it terribly fast, but I bought it for towing, as dd, and seems to work well for that. The pedal is heavier than stock, but lighter than the brute force single disc we just installed in the farm truck.
I have maybe a year left on the linings, when its time to recline this clutch, Imay step up to a 3800lb pressure plate, but I'll probably stay with the organic face, because its a little friendlier to drive. Unless, of course, I tear up the gearbox behind it. At which point, I'll break down and spend the time and money to convert to an auto.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
little update on the clutch i have in my 01... its bad ass in a stock injected truck... doubt i could ever hurt it.... 3500rpm launch hooked to the sled and not a single hiccup! smooth as glass... the pedal actually was being forced up against my foot as i was slipping it.. did find that while towing, the higher the rpm i start out at, the smoother it takes off...
live life full throttle

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys!! I forgot all about this thread.

I ended up not buying a DD clutch yet. I Want to get it all perfected before I put a clutch in that will let me beat on it. Will update when i get one and post what I think.

Latest posts

Members online