DDM HID Kits

woodsman

Reaction score
DDM worked for 6 months on my dad's truck, then the main electronic plug fried a pin on itself. Sent in a letter to the company and was told they'd look into it and getting me replacement stuff. That was over a year ago...

Chimera

Reaction score
I've got DDM in my truck & a set in my mom's car. Best friend has a set, and we installed one in a customer's truck. Everything has showed up and worked perfectly in all the kits without issue.

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
They are ok. I had a set in my 6.0 but the shipping turn around after you place the order is atleast 2 weeks and like said above the could have made the wires a little longer. I will be going retro when i get another set.

chappy

Reaction score
I will add anyone getting a kit from retro get the digital line. I bought a digital line and there cheaper nite brand line and the nite is a lot cheaper made. I had several conecctions break and then today the wire decided to pull out of the fuse block. Not to mention the problem withone of the balast so spend the money on the digital unless you want a cheaply made kit.

quicksilver11

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the retro 55w digital kit in 6k color with relayed harness. Used the code "diesel" and saved 10% so it wasn't much more. Total shipped was $179 for the kit and the harness. Hoping to have it installed before I head to the deer lease saturday.

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Kinda regretting my decision. I've had nothin but ballast problems since I got the retro kit. One ballast was bad from the beginning so they send me another one and the replacement works but the previously good ballast doesn't work now.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Kinda regretting my decision. I've had nothin but ballast problems since I got the retro kit. One ballast was bad from the beginning so they send me another one and the replacement works but the previously good ballast doesn't work now.

Its weird seems like some peoples retros are perfect and some are complete garbage. What brand from retro did you get? I have my truck and 5 buddys with retros digital line without any issues.

2000wa250

Reaction score
My biggest suggestion is when you install it take your time get everything mounted up.out if the way so you don't ever have to mess with it or move it. The wiring is very fickle and can mess up.the whole thing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I have had ddm kit in my truck for about 2 years and they've worked good for me. Like 2000wa250 said take your time putting the kit in, it pays off.

Wojo

Reaction score
i like vvme. there relay harnesses are WAY nicer. ive ordered over 500 dollars in kits from them in the past year and just ordered today. they gave me a 20$ discount because of how much i order. i got a 35 watt Bixenon kit for 60 shipped to my door.

idkillinit

Reaction score
I've put Ddm kits in everything I own and everything my girl,parents,friends etc... Lost a couple bulbs and a ballast here n there but they always.stand behind their lifetime warranty and have yet to ask for the bad part first. As far a china crap. Haha. They all come from China most are from thr same place.

01PSD

Reaction score
My brother mangled 2 Retro ballasts at once LOL they've been a nightmare from the start. They're currently resting in the upper part of the toolbox at home, haven't even felt like ***ing with them anymore honestly. Fogs work great.. but one is a different color than the other

01PSD

Reaction score
I guess he'll find out when he decides to screw around with headlights again, 35w HID fogs look a little goofy with normal headlights :fustrate: