DDM HID Kits

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
My brother mangled 2 Retro ballasts at once LOL they've been a nightmare from the start. They're currently resting in the upper part of the toolbox at home, haven't even felt like ***ing with them anymore honestly. Fogs work great.. but one is a different color than the other

I had the same issue with mis match color and nothing fixed it. I have a whole box of Retro parts plus some more 300$ of nothing.... that will never see the likes of my truck again.

01PSD

Reaction score
I don't think I want to chance putting them on any vehicle of mine not knowing whether not they're going to come on. :fustrate:

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I don't think I want to chance putting them on any vehicle of mine not knowing whether not they're going to come on. :fustrate:

I wouldn't, just get some silverstars and ride. That's what I did and I am far happier with them in all aspects.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
If you guys want a quality hid kit at a decent price check out Vvme I have put countless Vvme kits in and never had a problem and their slim ballast hi/low kits are under $100 and all ya gotta do is do a search for em on eBay... if I have said it once I will say it again 99% of the hid kits are the same just some companies like to sell 4-5 different style and charge some crazy prices.... I know locally some of the stereo shops are charging $175 or more installed for the eBay kits that's for a low beam only! So don't be fooled by the high prices yes there are some kits made a little nicer when it comes to the wiring, plugs,etc but MOST of them are the same

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I had them for 3 years and I am over the HIDS. I will never own a set again in anything. Even if they worked right I don't want the unwanted attention it draws to my truck at night.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I had them for 3 years and I am over the HIDS. I will never own a set again in anything. Even if they worked right I don't want the unwanted attention it draws to my truck at night.

That's understandable, my truck is pretty much useless at night without the HIDs since my windshield is tinted so dark lol... I had the silverstar ultras before and they just wernt cutting it

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Had silver stars in my dodge. They sucked. And only lasted a year. Definitely weren't worth the money.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I have 5% all the way around and 35% on the whole windshield with a 5% strip to the mirror mount. I can still see fine.

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Little update. They received both ballasts yesterday and one was locked up but the other one was functioning properly. They are going to test it for the next few days to see if anything happens.

I will say this, although I'm a little annoyed that I'm having this problem the customer service has been great so far.

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Been great for me so far. They just sent me back the working ballast after testing it for a few days. I'm gonna get them some voltage readings later this week when I'm back home and we'll go from there.

yeehaw

Reaction score
i won't own a vehicle with standard halogens in it, got no complaints about HIDs as of right now. Granted i have used my fogs once LOL kinda pointless you can see everything with the 6000ks

ToMang07

Reaction score
Well....after installing DDM's kit yesterday... I wouldn't buy from them again.

EACH of the fog lights had an electrical clip break when I plugged them in, and I had 3 plugs fail, one of which I had to colder the connection as there was not enough wire left to fix the plug. I also had to extend a couple wires from the harness. (WAY too short.)

NOT impressed. I'm not sure how long they will last... Let's just say I have the Silverstar's in a box ready to be reinstalled. :lookaround:

I WILL say however that HID's are MUCH better for driving at night... improves visibility 5x. :thumbup:

Members online

No members online now.