Delipping bowls, pistons still in motor?

isootmypants

Reaction score
Was wondering, put the one I'm working on, at TDC. Make a plate that bolts to block where head bolts go, and make some sort of gradual size to widen it. Use a dremel. Obviously cover each hole and clean it out. Then move to next one. I was wondering if anyone has done it.

MINK

Reaction score
Was wondering, put the one I'm working on, at TDC. Make a plate that bolts to block where head bolts go, and make some sort of gradual size to widen it. Use a dremel. Obviously cover each hole and clean it out. Then move to next one. I was wondering if anyone has done it.

That's something guys have done but will never admit too lol

David N

Reaction score
Think of all the little metal pieces... No way in hell you'd keep every single fragment out of where it shouldn't be.

thuglike

Reaction score
So shiny and new.......

Attachments

• piston.jpg
    piston.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 170

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
I thought about it once with a junkyard engine i slapped in one year just to finish the season. Only reason i didn was i was afraid of blowing new head gaskets. Knew i was safe with the 160k mile ones. But that was a temp engine in a puller lol.

Big Calo

Reaction score
I think dzchevy (Dustin i think is his name) did some on a 6.4 with a router, but the engine was disassembled.

old man dave

Reaction score
I guess you didn't read the comments after the video. Just because you can doesn't mean its safe to do. There isn't a router manufacturer or bit maker out there that would recommend using a router on any metal. The bit can shatter causing severe bodily injury.

Routers usually run at 15,000 to 20,000 rpm. Metal die grinders run at about 3,000 rpm using speed rated stones or carbide bits. Lathes run maybe 150-300rpm. So when the wood rated bit shatters, you're in trouble.

Just because you see some idiot do it on the internet doesn't mean its safe or results in a quality job.

Even the idiots in the video said "Be careful", they knew it was dangerous. And it seemed like they used a speed reducing supply to slow the router down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.