Detuning injectors-specifics

brewer

Reaction score
Have some 250/2s to put in my truck, but will have an SD IC/Intake/1.0 AR turbo/studs/springs/Pushrods going in at the same time.

Going to have them detuned and have read many posts on this, but I'm still wondering - How does it work?

My question is, when you have injectors detuned, is it just in one tune or is it across all tunes (i.e. across 5 tunes on a TS 6 position, given that the first tune is Stock).

Want to use this info to decide what tunes to order and what level to have them detuned to. I'm thinking 160/100s but open to other ideas.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Going to have them detuned and have read many posts on this, but I'm still wondering - How does it work?

It works the same as any tune. A 40hp tow tune runs less pulse width than a 140hp race tune. That's it. You're tuner is just applying the same principle when tweaking tunes for large injectors.

brewer

Reaction score
Ok, thats what I figured but wanted to confirm, so thank you. I probably should have put up a dumb question warning on it haha.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Ok, thats what I figured but wanted to confirm, so thank you. I probably should have put up a dumb question warning on it haha.

Not a dumb question at all. The key is having a conversation with the person who will be tuning your truck and let them know specifically what mods you have and what goals you are trying to achieve. Making sure they understand that you want tame and conservative tunes with your combination will get you better results

brewer

Reaction score
Yea very good point, thank you. I will have to call the tuner and go through my build with them when I send the chip out. I think you hit it on the head though, I'm going to need some fairly conservative tuning until I can grow into the injectors further, and keep the smoke down, of course.

Latest posts

Members online