DI Street Twin turbo compound project

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Journal bearings have been around for years and proven themselves a good turbo. They also are not 1k+ to rebuild. Be prepared to buy alot of chra's for the 45 if your dead set on that....

Big Bore

Reaction score
Depends on the JB turbo, but for the most part they are very durable. The gt38 in the OBS is amazing. A turbo rebuilder told me he thought the JB was a much more robust design.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Im on my first ball bearing so we will see how long it lasts if it pops a journal bearing will be going back in i just cannot swing the price of the garret bb rebuild when a jb can be had for 3/4 of the price. And why does everyone want a small ass atmosphere? :doh:

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Still your cutting yourself short my man your secondary is doing the work why not go with a bb 88mm inducer im sure it would spool plenty fast for what your doing. Probably faster than the 4202 you mentioned prior and flow more through the turbine side so you don't have to gate the holy piss out of it

Big Bore

Reaction score
Still your cutting yourself short my man your secondary is doing the work why not go with a bb 88mm inducer im sure it would spool plenty fast for what your doing. Probably faster than the 4202 you mentioned prior and flow more through the turbine side so you don't have to gate the holy piss out of it

Not interested in BB, the 38r will spool the 4202 w/1.44 AR more than fast enough, gating is not a big issue, and, I tow heavy at 10,000ft.

Sinister 7.3

Reaction score
Well here in the south we don't use tractor turbos for our vehicles and we have no problems with air density cause the atmosphere here is plenty dense enough thanks forthe feed back but I'll stick with the creations and ideas of the ones that have proven themselves many times in the diesel world especially when it comes to my 7.3 and were not gating the 45 at all only the 38

neverkickn

Reaction score
We so badly need a piss match smiley........Maybe two standing side by side struggling to stream it fartherLOL

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Well here in the south we don't use tractor turbos for our vehicles and we have no problems with air density cause the atmosphere here is plenty dense enough thanks forthe feed back but I'll stick with the creations and ideas of the ones that have proven themselves many times in the diesel world especially when it comes to my 7.3 and were not gating the 45 at all only the 38

Tractor turbos? Really?

psduser1

Reaction score
Silverspd, not everyone is trying for the biggest dyno # they can get.......
I've seen 900hp get beat by 700, just depends what your trying to do. :thumbsup:

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Im not saying go for the biggest dyno number you can get there is absolutely no reason to sell yourself short by using a tiny ass gt 45 whatever for your atmosphere your wasting your time. Make it worth your while cause if someone would post up some drive pressure graphs for your "street" setup anything past probably about 45-50 psi tops you are creating only heat and your 38r will live a very short life.. Anything bigger injector wise you won't clean it up your "pick a boost number" comes with a price. They are not tractor turbo's. Do yourself a favor and get a 4788 you will be happier in the end.

Just talk to chucky or HRT they know exactly what im getting at..

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Tractor turbos? Really?

I think that really just happened....

Im not saying go for the biggest dyno number you can get there is absolutely no reason to sell yourself short by using a tiny ass gt 45 whatever for your atmosphere your wasting your time. Make it worth your while cause if someone would post up some drive pressure graphs for your "street" setup anything past probably about 45-50 psi tops you are creating only heat and your 38r will live a very short life.. Anything bigger injector wise you won't clean it up your "pick a boost number" comes with a price. They are not tractor turbo's. Do yourself a favor and get a 4788 you will be happier in the end.

Just talk to chucky or HRT they know exactly what im getting at..

:whs: I agree

Latest posts

Members online