Diesel power challenge 2012

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Your sled pulling knowledge rocks.

Rocky won last year....lets move on...

Agreed. The last 3 pages is nothing but this guy living vicariously through rocky. Nobody gives a ***. He won, nobody doubted it, congrats. We will see what happens this year when the best in the country show up to take home the trophy. That's all there is to talk about

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
alright this thread is done. There really isn't any talk of the competetion anymore. Just a pissing contest on who knows who. I know that every has opinions and I don't have a problem with that but damn. Last year happened and now things have changed so we will just see.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Ok call me what you want but pm me, I've said my peace about Rocky. The transmission holding up is going to be the 6.4s biggest issue. The 5r100s have issues when it comes to big power and longavity.

MINK

Reaction score
Ok call me what you want but pm me, I've said my peace about Rocky. The transmission holding up is going to be the 6.4s biggest issue. The 5r100s have issues when it comes to big power and longavity.

Whats a 5r100???....The 6.4s that will be running this year know whatsup, I have faith they are coming prepared in every aspect.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Isn't it the TCM that causes issues on high horse 6.4s? Shawn has ran his 5r110 at 1000hp for awhile now behind his 6.0 so why hasn't someone came out with an improved TCM for the 6.4 crowd yet?

Mpoage

Reaction score
Isn't it the TCM that causes issues on high horse 6.4s? Shawn has ran his 5r110 at 1000hp for awhile now behind his 6.0 so why hasn't someone came out with an improved TCM for the 6.4 crowd yet?
I think the Elite crew was working on getting a stand alone system or pcs (whatever you call it) to work on them to help make the 5R's live behind the 6.4's

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
P C S. Hitting the track tonight with Tadd's shorty 6.4 with PCS & standard tuned 5R110. If bugs are worked out on his, then on to Godzilla. If anything serious is in question on Godzilla's configuration I'm sure Mike will opt for 4R100.

BK39

Reaction score
P C S. Hitting the track tonight with Tadd's shorty 6.4 with PCS & standard tuned 5R110. If bugs are worked out on his, then on to Godzilla. If anything serious is in question on Godzilla's configuration I'm sure Mike will opt for 4R100.

Your sig makes me laugh!!!! My first thought, 2000hp......meehhhhh.......I want a custom made antenna ball.

To topic, it is a little scarey with the trans still in testing. I'm sure over time, we'll see more 1000 horsepower 6.4s, and eventually a perfect solution will be available, but since it's still fairly new. It isn't real promising. I'm not dogging, I think it's awesome the 6.4s are getting there, just saying, it is still new.

lubeowner

Reaction score
Rocky was also the only one that got to go twice last year on the pulls.

That sounds familiar,happened to us in 2009. If the winner was only allowed on pull once we would have won not come in second, but oh well thats the way the rules were written.

Wayne

Reaction score
Your sig makes me laugh!!!! My first thought, 2000hp......meehhhhh.......I want a custom made antenna ball.

To topic, it is a little scarey with the trans still in testing. I'm sure over time, we'll see more 1000 horsepower 6.4s, and eventually a perfect solution will be available, but since it's still fairly new. It isn't real promising. I'm not dogging, I think it's awesome the 6.4s are getting there, just saying, it is still new.
I suspect development of the 5R will always be in testing here to keep an edge. With the technology we currently have, rudy's 6.4 has run 9's. That's not bad. Of course the transmission may not shift flawlessly, but it does the job. What we're doing is improving upon that platform. Am I worried about the 5R doing what it needs to? No. Ellerton's 5R has been running 10's for a very long time, and reliably, so to turn your back on that is foolish for a daily driver. the PCS has quite a bit of capability that we can harness, so it's just a matter of tuning things just right.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
andy parker put 100ft on rocky last year, but blew it in the trailer tow because the camera guy was asking him questions while he was backing the trailer in.... awesome. i will throw the camera guy out of my truck if that happens and start over.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
How did the testing go for you all last night wayne?
The camera guys were screwing with everyone not just him. That's something that might help some of the guys out this year, ignore the camera guys during the events. I don't think they realize there bing a distraction.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
The camera guys were screwing with everyone not just him. That's something that might help some of the guys out this year, ignore the camera guys during the events. I don't think they realize there bing a distraction.

Dude, can you please go away? I don't need to read a bunch of crap from a mouthpiece that doesn't know when to let things go. You just plain ass make him look bad. Let rocky and his truck speak for itself, just like everybody else does.

MINK

Reaction score
SQ_X7clc-soY_gGfFVZzYwIAeBA56O7vNwRUlVilp0RRe4XmBu.jpg

Wayne

Reaction score

Unfortunately just as things started going smoothly (mid 11's), Tadd decided to be a tough guy and snap his standard billet input shaft. Guess he should've got the extreme duty shaft. We've still got this weekend, next wednesday, and the following weekend for testing at the strip, so things are good, and plenty of time for plan B if it comes to that. On a side note, I thoroughly enjoyed pulling Tadd's shorty on the freeway with a tow rope back to the shop. Didn't want to bother going back for a trailer, and the tow rope was there, so away we went.:pimp:

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Could have been worse, you guys could of still been at the old shop. We will be out for the next test and tune.
Were you guys spraying when he broke?

Latest posts

Members online