DieselSite HPOP Adapter

Homesteader

Reaction score
I talked to Bob from DS this morning and he mentioned I need to reroute my IPR return to the center port of the adapter. So to the OP take note of that if you decide to that route.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Why did he say that?

I would push that "waste" oil into the top of the reservoir to help eliminate any aeration caused by the IPR. Putting it into the bottom wont give the oil a chance to settle down before it is pushed back through the pump.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Why did he say that?

I would push that "waste" oil into the top of the reservoir to help eliminate any aeration caused by the IPR. Putting it into the bottom wont give the oil a chance to settle down before it is pushed back through the pump.

Well I'm not to familiar with this adapter. So the right port pushes oil to the top,and the center port to the bottom?

907DAVE

Reaction score
From what I remember the passenger side port is a drain, center is an aux. reservoir feed and the driver side is the rear HPOP feed. Dumping IPR return oil into the center will put it back into the reservoir, and get immediately drawn back into the pump(s).

What I said about putting return oil into the top of the reservoir is done by "T'ing" into the port that is used for the EOT sensor.

Last edited:

Homesteader

Reaction score
From what I remember the passenger side port is a drain, center is an aux. reservoir feed and the driver side is the rear HPOP feed. Dumping IPR return oil into the center will put it back into the reservoir, and get immediately drawn back into the pump(s).

What I said about putting return oil into the top of the reservoir is done by "T'ing" into the port that is used for the EOT sensor.

This is what Bob said.
The IPR return from the stock pump DOES NOT return to the reservoir. It returns to the standpipe the rises to the top of the reservoir and drops on the gear teeth. This is a "check valve" to prevent drainback of the reservoir through the IPR upon shutdown . It was the addition to the reservoir in the 1996 that eliminated the check valve in the pump.

The center #4 port on my adapter is an intersection into the standpipe. It does not enter the reservoir. If you dump the IPR into the right port,the reservoir can drain down to the height of the IPR through the IPR as the truck sits and can cause hard starts just as the 94/95 trucks would if they used a 96-03 model pump.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I got started on it tonight

The last picture is the port mentioned above. The easiest method for me was to take a -4an flare/-6an flare fitting (blue), put a o-ring on the 4an side and thread it into the dieselsite adapter, since i couldnt find a straight 4 ORB fitting to 6an flare. I had to cut the flare off so it wouldnt completely block the port, i figure half is enough right?

907DAVE

Reaction score
This is what Bob said.
The IPR return from the stock pump DOES NOT return to the reservoir. It returns to the standpipe the rises to the top of the reservoir and drops on the gear teeth. This is a "check valve" to prevent drainback of the reservoir through the IPR upon shutdown . It was the addition to the reservoir in the 1996 that eliminated the check valve in the pump.

The center #4 port on my adapter is an intersection into the standpipe. It does not enter the reservoir. If you dump the IPR into the right port,the reservoir can drain down to the height of the IPR through the IPR as the truck sits and can cause hard starts just as the 94/95 trucks would if they used a 96-03 model pump.

I stand corrected! Just went and took a peek at a spare I had, the center port does dump right back into the front cover via standpipe.

I apologize for contributing to the derail of this thread.

Carry on.

907DAVE

Reaction score
The last picture is the port mentioned above. The easiest method for me was to take a -4an flare/-6an flare fitting (blue), put a o-ring on the 4an side and thread it into the dieselsite adapter, since i couldnt find a straight 4 ORB fitting to 6an flare. I had to cut the flare off so it wouldnt completely block the port, i figure half is enough right?

I too had to cut down the center fitting to allow full flow to that orifice, but I cut more than you did.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I didnt know that beforehand, and glad i know now. I too was going to put the return into the 6an port and just went off the directions in the stealth kit that instructed to tap the standpipe through the housing

i can always cut more i just didnt want to mess up the thread and prevent it from threading in

Homesteader

Reaction score
I stand corrected! Just went and took a peek at a spare I had, the center port does dump right back into the front cover via standpipe.

I apologize for contributing to the derail of this thread.

Carry on.

No problem.... that's what we are all here for,to help each other correct?

Homesteader

Reaction score
How much pressure is at that #4 center port? I will have to redo my oil line and would like to keep it as short as possible. I have steel braided now as you can see in the pic.

Homesteader

Reaction score
I got started on it tonight

That's a lot of hoses there! :rockon::rockon:

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Yea once I get the regulator on it adds another 6 lines, some of them you can see. Dave, I found a clever way to mount the regulator to the hpop reservoir. Ill have to take another pic when im done

2000wa250

Reaction score
Homesteader,

what was the fitting that you ended up using to connect from the termies IPR return to the adapter?

2000wa250

Reaction score
Did you have to cut it at all?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online