DJM 3/5 lowered ride/mileage

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
3/5 drop

I have the same kit on my truck. It rides good and I love the way it looks. My air hammer was my best tool for that job.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
With the 33x10.5 slicks, I think if I could get a little better weight transfer by moving the axle forward 16", it wouldn't be too difficult. This was from the last set of runs we we did at the track...

(click on image to enlarge)

In any event, these trucks look badass as a single cab short bed. Awesome job on yours. :thumbsup:

Truck looks awesome! If you ever do swap to a short bed I call dibs on your long bed. LOL Been looking for a mint black one for a while. I would be willing to travel down there to get it if the price isn't too bad. :D

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome! If you ever do swap to a short bed I call dibs on your long bed. LOL Been looking for a mint black one for a while. I would be willing to travel down there to get it if the price isn't too bad. :D

I doubt you'll want this one. It looks great on the outside, but it's beat up pretty bad on the inside. The front of the bed is bent pretty badly (almost touches the cab) and the back 2 feet of the bed floor is sunken about 2". I'll take some pictures if you'd like.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
It doesn't sound so nice anymore. :doh:

Yeah, it's a little disappointing. :( The truck was owned by a tire company before I bought it and it was used for tire deliveries. Years of dropping tires off a loading dock into the bed have certainly taken its toll. I'm really sorry about that.

rat49f6

Reaction score
My truck with the 3"/5" drop
For the record you can not fit a 5" drop and a 5" exhaust

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

JMart

Reaction score
With the 33x10.5 slicks, I think if I could get a little better weight transfer by moving the axle forward 16", it wouldn't be too difficult. This was from the last set of runs we we did at the track...

(click on image to enlarge)

In any event, these trucks look badass as a single cab short bed. Awesome job on yours. :thumbsup:

Thanks

I want to get some slicks and drag wheels for mine. Maybe by the end of next summer it will be drag ready.

rat49f6

Reaction score
My truck with djm 3/5 drop

pit6.jpg

Sorry pic didn't post last time

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

jwfrauts

Reaction score
Mine rides good since I took the airbags off. The bags bottomed out and it would pound you going down the road. I am going to try to relocate them for more clearance. I am running kyb shocks. You have to put the front shocks from a 4x4 excursion on the back. They fit perfect.

willholl79

Reaction score
Mine rides good since I took the airbags off. The bags bottomed out and it would pound you going down the road. I am going to try to relocate them for more clearance. I am running kyb shocks. You have to put the front shocks from a 4x4 excursion on the back. They fit perfect.

Where can I find more pics of this truck?

jwfrauts

Reaction score
I will try to upload some pictures on Sunday.

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    923 KB · Views: 61

jwfrauts

Reaction score
As far as mileage, you can see what I have done in my sig. I just took a 500 mile trip driving minimum of 80 on the highway and then sitting in traffic at the Nascar races forever. When I filled it up hand calculated was 18.99. That trip was with the Looney wild track file. The best it has gotten is 20.7, but I average between 17 and 17.5 going back and forth to work. This is all hand calculated because it doesn't have the overhead computer in it.

KingRanch6.0L

Reaction score
So i have been looking and there are 2 inch lowering shackles that are other brands than djm. djm is only one inch.

Is there a reason there is only one company that sells that or it it because the whole kit wouldnt work with 2 inch shackles?

Will i have any exhaust issues if i do the 2 inch shackles and remove the overload leaf?

Its 5 inch all the way

Power Hungry

Reaction score
It was tight enough fitting a large exhaust under the truck with a stock ride height. With a 5" drop, the exhaust would be crushed between the bed and the axle. There simply isn't enough room. Because of the clearance, I had to make the decision to go to an exhaust stack and I REALLY don't like stacks. I could have gone and modified the exhaust to exit in front of the wheel, but I didn't like the idea of regularly wiping soot off my bed and wheel. Not that my truck smokes much, but just one less thing to worry about.

The DJM shackle is a 2" drop shackle which gives roughly 1" of drop at the axle. You can't really fit any longer of a shackle without hitting the bed. If you need a serious drop, then you'll need to install the front perch kit as well. Also, make sure to get shorter shocks or you'll have problems.

As for the springs, I removed the overload spring and the 3rd spring in the main pack. This gave me a little more direct drop and softened my ride considerably. I don't tow anything so I didn't need the extra capacity the extra leaf provided.

I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online