Do you need more than one tune for DD/tow/race/mileage?

Big Bore

Reaction score
...a lot of times, you're "fooled" into thinking there's more power because you get full fueling early with little throttle input.

Exactly. 60% of the fuel is being delivered by 25% throttle. And the kids won't care if the truck is lurchy when driving slow, because they don't drive slow, or that the cruise control isn't smooth, or that they smoke out 3 lanes when they try to just give the throttle a slight tip. And when they get their new tunes the first thing they notice is "man I barely touched the pedal...!", not realizing the trade off in overall performance. you could do the same thing with stock tunes, make the fuel ramp up faster. There was a pedal that actually did that I think it was called the Psycho pedal or something, ***king stupid.

farm boy

Reaction score
Just because we can does not mean that you can or should. It's all based on the tuning. That was the point of my thread. There are tuners out there that can't or won't write tunes that can be run that way. I happen to be very fortunate to have tunes from someone who has entered the Matrix.

I'm not just gonna get in and drive the piss out of it. I'm just gonna try it out, and try to compare it to what your saying. Maybe it will work better than I think. I have just always turned it down a little when hooking to a big load, thinking it would be better for the engine in the long run. Might not be as bad as I think.

Latest posts

Members online