DocBar's Build Issues

DocBar

Reaction score
Damn you can't catch a break can you..
I think I caught my break by the tranny crapping out in Houston and not somewhere else. It looks like it's just the pump that went out. David's tranny guy is going to verify that the rest is OK.
The fan clutch was also about to crap out-it stayed engaged all the time- so I'm sure that played a part in the truck feeling sluggish.
Hopefully, I get a call today or tomorrow telling me the truck is up and ready to run. I'm driving a Nissan Sentra right now. 70 mph is f-a-s-t when you're 3" off the ground!!! I miss my truck!!!

OSCS

Reaction score
I think I caught my break by the tranny crapping out in Houston and not somewhere else. It looks like it's just the pump that went out. David's tranny guy is going to verify that the rest is OK.
The fan clutch was also about to crap out-it stayed engaged all the time- so I'm sure that played a part in the truck feeling sluggish.
Hopefully, I get a call today or tomorrow telling me the truck is up and ready to run. I'm driving a Nissan Sentra right now. 70 mph is f-a-s-t when you're 3" off the ground!!! I miss my truck!!!

I've been sporting a 02 lancer for the past month while I've been peicing my truck back together.. It's terrible. I've got The valve covers back on so this weekend im going to be putting everything back together and installing my pickup tube/fuel system. I will hopefully be dropping the truck off for David to work his wizardry Sunday. If your around drop me a PM olive to check out your rig once it's all done.

DocBar

Reaction score
I've been sporting a 02 lancer for the past month while I've been peicing my truck back together.. It's terrible. I've got The valve covers back on so this weekend im going to be putting everything back together and installing my pickup tube/fuel system. I will hopefully be dropping the truck off for David to work his wizardry Sunday. If your around drop me a PM olive to check out your rig once it's all done.
I just started a new job outside of Nacogdoches, working 84 hrs a week on nights. Not much free time. I'll PM you when David gives me the call and I can come back up through Conroe. Maybe we can meet up and it won't be pouring rain.

DocBar

Reaction score
Sounds good, and damn 84hrs on night shift.. That sucks..
I don't mind nites at all. It's usually nice and quiet. 84 hrs a week is pretty typical for my line of work. If you believe in the hereafter, that $$$ is what I'm here after. :D

DocBar

Reaction score
Hopefully I get my truck back tomorrow or Wednsday. It's been a loooong week+ driving a car around.

DocBar

Reaction score
ATS is cratered. Just ordered a BTS. April 9th can't get here soon enough.
I have to find my ATS invoice from 2007 and see exactly what I bought. David said there were no billet shafts in the transmission.
It just keeps getting better.

DocBar

Reaction score
Sucks, but you will like your new one:D

Yeah it sux, but the timing could've been a lot worse. I'm looking forward to getting it put in and not having to worry about it. Hopefully I'm just about out of the woods with this truck. The engine was finally feeling mostly right to me before the fan clutch seized up and the tranny crapped the bed.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Yeah it sux, but the timing could've been a lot worse. I'm looking forward to getting it put in and not having to worry about it. Hopefully I'm just about out of the woods with this truck. The engine was finally feeling mostly right to me before the fan clutch seized up and the tranny crapped the bed.

Talked to David the other night about your truck. From what it sounds like gremlins are found. I think it's gonna be right soon buddy.

DocBar

Reaction score
Well - the crapped out transmission sucks, but good to know its getting a BTS and that the gremlins are getting worked out!
The tranny got me to Houston before it crapped out, so I'm counting my blessings there. It's getting a BTS and it's at Davids shop for any other gremlins. All in all, I'm not all that butthurt about the situation. My wife, on the other hand....:slap:

DocBar

Reaction score
I got my truck back Friday afternoon and it's running pretty dang good right now.
I'd like to give a big thank you to David, Brent and everyone at Diesel Innovations for making it happen on Friday.
:thumbup:

DocBar

Reaction score
Good, what all was done other than the trans replacement?
David fixed a boost leak and replaced the fan clutch while it was there. DI went over and above the call of duty to get that tranny and get it installed. It could've easily been Monday or Tuesday before I got it, otherwise.
Last May, David installed a fully built motor in it for me. There have been a few bugs to work out, mostly electrical problems.

Latest posts

Members online