Door strikers = best $100 I've spent on this truck

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yea when i typed that number into sunrise ford's system, it comes back with 2 different part numbers. one is for $18 and the other for $25. which do i purchase?
just losen the the striker bolts a hair and swat them inward with a hammer.. then tighten back up.. i tried that on my formans work truck that is a 13 superduty and it worked great.. pushes against the seal way harder and its enough that you have to put some umph into shutting the door or it wont latch.. try that first then spend the hundy for the new ones.. if i would have done that first, i might not have ordered the strikers myself...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

C2tuck

Reaction score
just losen the the striker bolts a hair and swat them inward with a hammer.. then tighten back up.. i tried that on my formans work truck that is a 13 superduty and it worked great.. pushes against the seal way harder and its enough that you have to put some umph into shutting the door or it wont latch.. try that first then spend the hundy for the new ones.. if i would have done that first, i might not have ordered the strikers myself...

So did you go back with the original strikers or hammer in the new ones? I have 4 of these waiting at my house when I get home.

Zmann

Reaction score
there is a u tube video of two guys trying to adjust the non-adjustable strikers on a super duty

the comment section lights them up pretty good LOL

the captured nuts are fixed to the door jamb and the striker has beveled screw pockets so no fudging there

IDK what whacking with a hammer is going to do to the inner nut plate? maybe it busts it loose? i tried a few taps on mine after scribing the jamb for reference and i probably gained 1/16

the good thing about the 150 strikers is the rubber pad keeps the door latch from riding on the striker and rattling

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
IDK what whacking with a hammer is going to do to the inner nut plate? maybe it busts it loose? i tried a few taps on mine after scribing the jamb for reference and i probably gained 1/16

the good thing about the 150 strikers is the rubber pad keeps the door latch from riding on the striker and rattling
yup.. it must busts it loose.. i gained over a 1/8 by doing so.. actually had to pry them back out a hair cuz they where to tight..

i did that to seal the door better.. I have had bad wind noise and squeeky doors since new... the hammer trick olus the new strikers made lots of difference..

dsberman94

Reaction score
yup.. it must busts it loose.. i gained over a 1/8 by doing so.. actually had to pry them back out a hair cuz they where to tight..

i did that to seal the door better.. I have had bad wind noise and squeeky doors since new... the hammer trick olus the new strikers made lots of difference..

To your oe ones or the 150 ones

dsberman94

Reaction score
Happen to know if mine would be adjustable or should I give the driver door a good whack? It just lose enough that I'll hear it in a crosswind and rain with come through in a crosswind also

Jomax

Reaction score

If it does indeed bust it loose. Be careful if you ever have to remove it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2stangs8689

Reaction score
I just did this to my truck over the weekend. Wow. What a difference. Truck is so much quieter. Has to be a pretty large bump/pothole to get any kind of creak or noise from the truck now.

Thank you so much for sharing.

And thanks to Sunrise Ford as always for the superior service, prices and fast as hell shipping.

BigRed97

Reaction score
Any long term updates on these strikers? Still working well?

My rear doors move around so much they both rubbed through the paint on the rockers. Dealer warranty'd it...spotted in some paint and put 3m clear bra over the areas to prevent it in the future. But the doors move so much it drives me nuts (especially with our ****ty New England roads)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Any long term updates on these strikers? Still working well?

My rear doors move around so much they both rubbed through the paint on the rockers. Dealer warranty'd it...spotted in some paint and put 3m clear bra over the areas to prevent it in the future. But the doors move so much it drives me nuts (especially with our ****ty New England roads)
can losen the factory strikers up a hair and hit them with a hammer to move them in.. works about the same and tightens the seal too..

i did that exact thing on 2 of our superdutys at work with factory strikers after i did the upgrade to my personal truck.. i think it would have been fine if i did the same to mine without upgrading it.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online