DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

Beechperformance

Reaction score
I don't have the part number. But you can get the ford ones off the 2011 and newer trucks. It's a full wheel well liner like the front. I can post a pic later if you want.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Is he going to have to run Nittos this year or is that not a rule? He didnt have to swap tires last year dueto being a late entry correct. Is there any rules about tires?

I thought they just offered the competitors a set of their choice. Not mandatory though

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Is he going to have to run Nittos this year or is that not a rule? He didnt have to swap tires last year dueto being a late entry correct. Is there any rules about tires?

You only run the sponsors tires if you accept them. Last year I was never offered any. This year I will take them if they have a size I want. With the amt of money for 4 new ones I can't say no.

The part number is there with the photo. That chit is waaayyy to clean, need to paint the whole undercarriage now. lol

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You only run the sponsors tires if you accept them. Last year I was never offered any. This year I will take them if they have a size I want. With the amt of money for 4 new ones I can't say no.

The part number is there with the photo. That chit is waaayyy to clean, need to paint the whole undercarriage now. lol

And that is how a simple solid axle install on my Dmax turned into a frame off project..... LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
Brand new stage 5 trans is in, along with 13" XHD converter
532937_442568819158073_439774189_n.jpg

Got the remote battery box mounted on the frame finally too after removing the remainder of a riveted/welded spring perch, and riveted overload bracket.
905249_442576095824012_138577033_o.jpg

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Looks great, wish most of it was in my dually, but someone explain the reason behind painting a tranny that is not for just show. I was always told do not paint a tranny that is going to be "used".

Wayne

Reaction score
Suncoast 13", same as last year. We have yet to find a 12" with comparable lock-up holding capacity. All 7 of the inner lug nuts on the other truck are the wrong style. Just haven't gotten around to changing them as I still have to add more lug nuts to the dually adapter, so the wheel has to come off still. We've been waiting for them to come back from nickel plating, and now they're here, I haven't had the time.

Wayne

Reaction score
Painting the outside of the case is fine. We do it to identify the trannies as ours. You just got to be careful to keep the paint out of places where fluid goes.

Wayne

Reaction score
We use 500*F engine enamel on the trans cases FWIW. Just got the T-case, and drive lines on. 1480 series upgraded from 1430 in the rear shaft.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I think he ment because it hinders the heat transfer through the actual casing. although with the proper cooling system in place, i bet heat transfer through the case doesn't have very much affect on temp.

Reaction score
If someone has real factual data that prove painting your trans is going to cause adverse affects please step forward. If not let's just quit talking about it because it is absolutely making my head hurt. It's about the same level as someone saying not to paint the balancer on your engine because it will throw it out of balance. All just fairy tales to me.

Latest posts

Members online