DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
If someone has real factual data that prove painting your trans is going to cause adverse affects please step forward. If not let's just quit talking about it because it is absolutely making my head hurt. It's about the same level as someone saying not to paint the balancer on your engine because it will throw it out of balance. All just fairy tales to me.

O I agree that is is bs. But I can not be surprised anymore by the crazy things I hear like that.

dieselpower

Reaction score
If someone has real factual data that prove painting your trans is going to cause adverse affects please step forward. If not let's just quit talking about it because it is absolutely making my head hurt. It's about the same level as someone saying not to paint the balancer on your engine because it will throw it out of balance. All just fairy tales to me.

:whs:

The only way it could possible hurt is if it was IN the transmission itself, and if they were careful to not get any IN the transmission, why is it an issue? It's not like paint can eat through a thick transmission wall, or make the transmission melt into little pieces and disappear.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
gotta have a pretty tranny...
89%20How%20Dare%20you%20Mock%20Me!_thumb.jpg

:naughty::lookaround:

LOLLOLLOL

MorganY

Reaction score
Brand new stage 5 trans is in, along with 13" XHD converter
532937_442568819158073_439774189_n.jpg

Got the remote battery box mounted on the frame finally too after removing the remainder of a riveted/welded spring perch, and riveted overload bracket.
905249_442576095824012_138577033_o.jpg

:joy: I strongly dislike removing rivets from these frames.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Not fact. Just that the trans builder I used for my drag car said not to paint it because it held heat in more than not painted since I was going to "use" the car. For the trans' I have seen him build and how they perform he knows more than I when it comes to them and mine held up just fine. I dont care either way I apologize for the derail.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Removing the rivets was not fun, but cutting the welds was way worse. All '08+ trucks have weld around most of the bracket. It's not a project anyone would do for fun. :fustrate:

That's why I left it there so someone else could finish it off for me.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
That's why I left it there so someone else could finish it off for me.

You mean you have done some work to this truck? Not just drive it to the shop? Lol just playing. This things gonna be nasty, the turbo tachs show just how serious yall are. Very cool to see :thumbup: Good Luck!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You mean you have done some work to this truck? Not just drive it to the shop? Lol just playing. This things gonna be nasty, the turbo tachs show just how serious yall are. Very cool to see :thumbup: Good Luck!

He'd be better off had he left some things to the professionals. LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
Progress update:
Looks like Erik got the very first twin pump pulley with an ATI damper.
905217_442960055785616_1937057405_o.jpg

Everybody else's will be anodized, but won't be available for a week or two. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of waiting. I kind of like the bare finish myself, but my vote doesn't go far in that department. :morons:

The transmission, transfer case, new stronger drive shafts, and a couple other nick-knacks are all done, including the remote battery cables. We were hoping to have the VGT turbo ready today, but that will have to wait until Monday, when all the turbos will be final installed. With any luck, we will also have the remote fuel cooler Monday as well. Knock on wood, but if all goes well this coming week, we'll be spending all next Saturday on the dyno doing custom tuning, dialing in wastegates, and fine tuning the nitrous injection programming & nozzle selection. A whole lot of things have to come together to make that happen, but those are our goals at any rate.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

I know what to leave the professionals. I washed the windows a couple of times and installed the floor mats.

Wayne

Reaction score
I know what to leave the professionals. I washed the windows a couple of times and installed the floor mats.

LOL kind of awkward laughing out loud in the shop by myself, but you made me do it.

For a farmer, I'd say you did a first-rate install of the lift. :pointlaugh: Function before form, but it still looks good once the mud comes off from underneath:jammin:

Latest posts

Members online