DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Actually no - the setups that are used to make these axles live in say the pulling classes where its a "one ton or less" rule and have high power are trussed not "top and/or bottom" like that - but go out the rear of the axle - think like a triangle welded to each side of the back of the rear tubes and then a cross brace (all thread is used often) that keeps the tubes "straight" when under power. I'll see if I have any pics.

So the cross brace is mounted horizontally in line with the axle? A bracket on each side like a triangle so the all thread can connect the two without hitting the diff cover?

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I will look into those. Something like what OUO makes?

443_Product_Cards_Page_10_zpsd7e2a579.jpg
"]
443_Product_Cards_Page_10_zpsd7e2a579.jpg
[/URL]

600_rpt_669_general_zpsd44bd941.jpg
"]
600_rpt_669_general_zpsd44bd941.jpg
[/URL]

That set-up would be legit for Papa Smurf........however, that does look heavy as hell

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
476154_445606635520958_237753448_o.jpg

No room for the oil filter on top of the engine, so here's the new one^

413765_445606732187615_1967092072_o.jpg

Running as hard as this setup will, the crank case really needs to be able to breathe, even with gapless rings. Two 1" baffled vents will go to these venturis mounted in the exhaust, near the transfer case

I really like that filter relocation kit. But on the crankcase breather set up, is the exhaust pressure going to be a factor. What I mean is the exhaust pressure being greater than the crankcase pressure there for having a negative effect.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I really like that filter relocation kit. But on the crankcase breather set up, is the exhaust pressure going to be a factor. What I mean is the exhaust pressure being greater than the crankcase pressure there for having a negative effect.

Even evacuating into ambient?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Even evacuating into ambient?

No I'm referring to it being vented into the exhaust via the venturi set up Wayne posted pictures of. I do not believe atmospheric ventilation is that great of an idea on the 6.4 due to the higher boost/crankcase pressures, I think it needs to have a draw on it like a venturi,turbo suction or vacuum pump set up. That being said though it would be cool to see Elite do a vacuum pump set up that vents to the atmosphere.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I meant the exhaust evacuating into ambient, sorry. But I guess I can see your point, to a point.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
as long as they each pull at least 1in of vacuum they should work perfectly. plenty of dmax guys have done it

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I just have no experience with that set up, I understand the principle of it just wasn't sure if the exhaust pressure would over power the venturi effect and pressurize the crankcase.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
non emission trucks like mine came from the factory venting to atmosphere fwiw, most dmax trucks that do a ccv reroute dump to atmosphere

yes but I've seen a few that did like you guys are doing to Eriks truck

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

Latest posts

Members online