DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
The standard braided hose with rubber inside...lol. I've seen copper tubing used before. I've been thinking about plumbing it into the exhaust because my girl friend doesn't get the concept of shutting the passenger side door when she runs into the house after she fogot something and it fills the cab with 40w fog. Haha

Erikclaw

Reaction score
For some reason mine has always made a lot of smoke and oil. Made a mess from both motors, this will alleviate that for sure.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I have mine routed to the bottom of the fender liner. It smokes pretty bad once It's warm. I think I'm just going to run 1" pipe at a 45 in the exhaust and run heater hose from the breather. If it cooks I'll get high temp stuff.

Wayne

Reaction score
One more little thing completed from the list of several hundred little things to finish up
922138_445747702173518_1715069065_o.jpg

Wayne

Reaction score
Should be firing it up late tomorrow afternoon, then finishing up major kinks afterward. If I really wanted it to, it would be running within an hour or two, but I don't want to slap things together, just to take them apart to re-do them properly. The canister is a soot trap/filter for drive pressure. It's primary purpose is to keep the mechanical BOV supplied with clean air so it doesn't freeze up. It also has a port for our test gauge.

Things have been going very well though. BOV is almost done, all the wastegate coolant lines are finished, as well as most of the turbo coolant lines. The majority of the wastegate air plumbing is done as well, aside from the hobbs switch, and rpm controller for the primary wastegate. Oil is in the engine, I'm about to fill the trans and power steering reservoir. The cooling system is nearly complete as well. Most of tomorrow will consist of wiring, finishing wastegates, and finishing up the CCV lines. The fuel system is also complete, including the remote fuel cooler. I don't expect it to be 100% tomorrow, but at least far enough along to begin driving it, and do the initial break-in. There are 5 independent circuits of HID's that still need to be wired as well (3 in the front bumper, headlights, and back up lights), and turbo tachs that need to be finished as well, and all of those aren't even crucial. Depending on when it fires will depend on how far we make it on wiring, and other less critical things this weekend.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Sounds good Wayne, take your time and make it right. :D Plan on it being on the dyno Mon for tuning and a rediculous #? :pimp:

Wayne

Reaction score
I actually enjoy the electrical quite a bit. It's the easiest to manipulate, and fit it places other stuff can't. I do it after all the major components have a home so I don't have to do it twice. No sense in lengthening the maf sensor connector until I know exactly where it's installed for proper length.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.