Dps rods

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Not trying to start anything, but at that price, do you want to trust them inside your engine when the tried and true ones sell for $2500+. I wouldnt take the gamble myself.

Price doesnt always mean quality. Although i do realize the rods going for 2500 are definitely worth it, the price to me isnt the deciding factor.

I learned the hard way with injectors! I went through a lot of sets of them trying to find a set i raelly like and did what i wanted.... The ones i ended up with were the cheapest set i had used all along.

I guess it depends how much overhead is involved at the shop making the product, and how much they are trying to make off of it. Maybe $950 is the same thing but without any profit at all?

jdc753

Reaction score
I can't seem to locate his build thread over on PSN....

I may be showing my n00bness but I am pretty sure that whole debacle even predates PSN. I remember reading about this and seeing some terrible pics way back in the TDS days, back when I was in the IDI forums and Ken was a big deal in the IDI world...

Distinctly remember a picture of a blue (maybe green) super duty with snow inside the cab and the rods in a beaten/broken cardboard box open with some snow in the box even :jawdrop:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I may be showing my n00bness but I am pretty sure that whole debacle even predates PSN. I remember reading about this and seeing some terrible pics way back in the TDS days, back when I was in the IDI forums and Ken was a big deal in the IDI world...

Distinctly remember a picture of a blue (maybe green) super duty with snow inside the cab and the rods in a beaten/broken cardboard box open with some snow in the box even :jawdrop:

You could be right on the details of the truck leaving DPS - but I was certain the BWD build thread was on PSN. Could be wrong though and thats why I can't find it! LOL

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
You could be right on the details of the truck leaving DPS - but I was certain the BWD build thread was on PSN. Could be wrong though and thats why I can't find it! LOL

Pretty sure that the BWD thread is on psn, I know the DPS thread was TDS.

That BWD may have been deleted.....

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Pretty sure that the BWD thread is on psn, I know the DPS thread was TDS.

That BWD may have been deleted.....

The last reference I can find of Freddy talking about the truck in 2006 on TDS - mentioning what a great weekend he had a BWD when he took his truck there. He was one of the first to sign up on PSN and hasn't logged on there since 2008. Damn... now I feel old.....

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Is that the reg cab short box truck that did 700 on fuel way back in ? The white one ?

Nope.

I'm pretty sure it was a crew cab, but could have been an extended cab. The truck started its life green I believe - but it had a custom paint job done while at BWD and I think its some sort of blue now.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
That's brutal. Why doesn't the guy do something. Legal or non legal. If someone decided to keep my truck with a fake bill I'd unload a few pots full of thermite on their vehicles

Big Bore

Reaction score
Here is the photo album of Freddy's truck from BB and BWD. It shows the condition of the truck when picked up from Ken at DPS and the beginning of the restoration and motor build at BWD. http://rides.webshots.com/album/549551609pmDqVO

Truck is actually looking pretty damn clean, love that polished alternator. Hope he gets it finished or that it has been finished, lots of blood, sweat and tears into that one for sure.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
Truck is actually looking pretty damn clean, love that polished alternator. Hope he gets it finished or that it has been finished, lots of blood, sweat and tears into that one for sure.

When I found that photo album last week I was browsing the photos. From the information in the photo album the first photo that was uploaded in April 2006 to the last photo dated February 2010.

My friend Mad_Matt back in 2006 had a 2001 PMR engine with a new set of B code injectors and a Turbonetics j/b turbo windowed his block. Well long story to short version he had BWD build him a built soup to nuts engine with a set of BWD twin turbos. As he made several trips to BWD during and after the build he did see Freddy's truck at BWD.
The fact whether Freddy paid the bill and took possession or abandoned the truck at BWD is still unknown. :shrug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online