Dt360 upgrades

ken6881

Reaction score
Has anyone Delip these Pistons to lower the compression any? I'm going to balance the rotating assembly anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
This is Chris' engine, Swamprat on here. 2500, but it does need a few things. It also has the stuff I was missing. If I had only kept the Scheid 13mm p-pump, this thing would be running already.
I've bought others for 1000-1500$ though. I think 3k is kinda steep for an engine not made for 20 years. There are bus yards full of the things. If you're interested I've got a lot of contacts for them so let me know.

Those numbers sound much more reasonable. I'll most definitely hit you up when I'm ready to pick one up. Thanks!

ja_cain

Reaction score
Have you guys looked into AFC Live for tuning the p-pump setups? I would assume it would work for these DT motors, but maybe they are different from the Cummins/P-Pump setups.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I have not. I'm going to figure out how to put a pickup sensor in this one for PCS input speed. Might add this to the list.
FYI, once this is done it will be for sale.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Has anyone Delip these Pistons to lower the compression any? I'm going to balance the rotating assembly anyway.

e887dd670918694a0f4a91d4dbac6000.jpg

ken6881

Reaction score
Nice! Do you just plan on parting the rest of the truck out or scrapping it?

Parting it out but if it sits long scrap yard it.

It's has new virgin rubber on the front and two new tires on the back. Should come out okay on it
Truck shows 69k but has reman motor and trans.

ken6881

Reaction score
Anyone know of anyone making a mild cam for these and not an all out tractor pulling cam?

jimdawg185

Reaction score
But you really don't need one till after 900 or so

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Corey put a completely stick long block in his dually. Only changed valve springs and pushrods. Put a tuned p pump and an S480 on it and that thing is a beast. I drove it and was completely amazed.

ken6881

Reaction score
I know I don't need one but thought if it was reasonable and I am already into this motor I would. Plan to clean up the ports on the head while it's off.

Is he running a 480 as an atmosphere for his stock turbo or running as a single

ja_cain

Reaction score
Corey put a completely stick long block in his dually. Only changed valve springs and pushrods. Put a tuned p pump and an S480 on it and that thing is a beast. I drove it and was completely amazed.

What's the smoke output like down low?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I know I don't need one but thought if it was reasonable and I am already into this motor I would. Plan to clean up the ports on the head while it's off.

Is he running a 480 as an atmosphere for his stock turbo or running as a single

480 as a single

ken6881

Reaction score
I thought I was a little crazy wanting to run a 475 as a single. But I'm thinking I might be okay now.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
What's the smoke output like down low?

It was pretty smokey, but not like it was struggling to spool. It lit very well for such a large single. So did all four back tires...

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I thought I was a little crazy wanting to run a 475 as a single. But I'm thinking I might be okay now.

It's all in the pump tuning and injectors. Carson put all that together for him.

ja_cain

Reaction score
It was pretty smokey, but not like it was struggling to spool. It lit very well for such a large single. So did all four back tires...

Badazz! You guys need to look into afc live. It would be sweet if it worked on the dt. The pro model, or whatever it is, allows you to have two different running setups. One for street and say one for all out. Through a hp turbo on his setup and i bet it would be crazy. What does he have the pump timing set at? If only they'll made a dynamically timed p-pump setup. Nothing crazy, but something that would give you 3 to 5 degrees of advance.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
That's always been the advantage of common rail.

I think his timing was in the mid 20s maybe higher even. I've heard 30 plus is used in the pulling engines.

ken6881

Reaction score
Afc live is interesting. Pretty simple concept and I think execution. One could use a boost controller off a car to do the same thing ramp fuel with rpm and have max boost setting for the same money. And not have manual knobs to turn. I'm going to have to play with that idea once mine is running. It would be nice to be able to set it to max 30 psi boost for towing and program a egt fail safe limit to pull fuel if egt breaks a certain point.

Members online

No members online now.