Dual pumps

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The extra stuff in the valley is worth it. Listen to people who have ran them

A couple people in this thread have never had twins. They really proved me wrong when i installed them

Homesteader

Reaction score

A couple people in this thread have never had twins. They really proved me wrong when i installed them

So its worth every Penny to have a Twin in there ......:D

Big Bore

Reaction score
ever installed a set of twins? thats hassle enough, especially with a stock fuel bowl... but yes there known to rip the threads out of the front cover, more crap down in the valley if you have issues... love the pressure of twins, hate dealing with anything in my engine bay around them.

Actually I find the intake wayyyyyyy more of an issue than the fuel bowl, the SD fuel bowl comes off pretty easy IMO. Depending on how I decide to run my compounds I'll be turning the one pice intake into a two piece intake. I think a lot of guys running dual pumps have completely removed the stock fuel system.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

Your such a dumbass...

I've installed and removed twins, rescued twice people broke down on the side of the road because there twins shat on them...

Hot start issues, cold start issues, Leaks, Broken bolts, broken couplers... on and on.

You ever get your pile running right? Nope... Now your parting out daddys money and getting a loan to get Jacobs truck...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Increased oil change intervals are usually required with twins, something else to consider.

I dont believe that is true Chase. I got my oil tested at 4k miles, came back nearly identical as it did with the single. I tested it through my work otherwise i would post up real time data. But i didnt see any shearing or anything happening, it seemed good to go after 4k but i changed it anyway

imelmo

Reaction score
Keep this thread on track fellas. State your experience and move on. Don't argue about someone else's experience. Don't post experiences or info via calling other members names and such. Some of these threads that are supposed to be tech threads have been getting out of hand lately and we're gonna start cracking down.

Last edited:

moose99psd

Reaction score
if i didnt trade my twins id be looking at the stealth big singles. just easier all around imo. and i agree with joe. i have an issue with a rough start.. the fix im told is to put an obs front cover on.. its an inherent issue with twin pumps and start up.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I used to run a dual stealth pump style setup, no complaints from me about it- it did what it was supposed to do. I fed the rear pump with a half inch feed line with a dieselsite reservoir spacer block to get the rear pump fed from a lower spot on the reservoir instead of the stock sensor location which is 2/3 up the reservoir. I wish I didn't sell them. Took it off and went to a gen 3 for idk what reason and never liked the crappy idle after startup then sold the performance parts a few months later. Im looking for another twin stealth/4 line pump setup again actually. I know the quicker pressure will make a snappier more responsive driving truck

4cstr

Reaction score
I've had twins, and now I have a big single. The ease of changing the IPR on my stage I over the two IPR's in the twins was enough for me. No complaints about my twins...they did what they were supposed to do...but I do love my stage I

389sixpack

Reaction score
How worth it is a dual pump system? I'm looking at a used terminator dual pump system and trying to decide if its worth it. I will be putting 250/200s in in the next couple of weeks so any opinions would be great. Thanks guys

OP If price is good - go for it - BO is good. Call up Joey and he'll probably go over the pumps for you make sure all is good.

Your such a dumbass...

I've installed and removed twins, rescued twice people broke down on the side of the road because there twins shat on them...

Hot start issues, cold start issues, Leaks, Broken bolts, broken couplers... on and on.

You ever get your pile running right? Nope... Now your parting out daddys money and getting a loan to get Jacobs truck...
We've got at least a dozen twin pumps in this area and never had any major problems at all. A couple oil leaks, but we took care of them.

I used to run a dual stealth pump style setup, no complaints from me about it- it did what it was supposed to do. I fed the rear pump with a half inch feed line with a dieselsite reservoir spacer block to get the rear pump fed from a lower spot on the reservoir instead of the stock sensor location which is 2/3 up the reservoir. I wish I didn't sell them. Took it off and went to a gen 3 for idk what reason and never liked the crappy idle after startup then sold the performance parts a few months later. Im looking for another twin stealth/4 line pump setup again actually. I know the quicker pressure will make a snappier more responsive driving truck
I ran twin Stealths with dual IPRs and Termy w/Remote-IPR Work very well. A big oil single is good if the price is right.

I've had twins, and now I have a big single. The ease of changing the IPR on my stage I over the two IPR's in the twins was enough for me. No complaints about my twins...they did what they were supposed to do...but I do love my stage I
Termy's with Remote IPR are easy to change also.

BO will help all around - even with stock injectors, if the price is right...

Homesteader

Reaction score
if i didnt trade my twins id be looking at the stealth big singles. just easier all around imo. and i agree with joe. i have an issue with a rough start.. the fix im told is to put an obs front cover on.. its an inherent issue with twin pumps and start up.

What does the obs front cover do to fix the problem?

Wackerjr

Reaction score
How does swapping from a larger res, to a smaller one fix anything? LOL

the superduty res is the best by far...

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I dont believe that is true Chase. I got my oil tested at 4k miles, came back nearly identical as it did with the single. I tested it through my work otherwise i would post up real time data. But i didnt see any shearing or anything happening, it seemed good to go after 4k but i changed it anyway
I know Joey recommended 3k oil change intervals with his duals when I asked him about it some time back. Seems like DeputyDog also said he was going on 3k intervals when he had twin termies.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
How does swapping from a larger res, to a smaller one fix anything? LOL

the superduty res is the best by far...

You must have some reading comprehension issues...

No one said anything about using a smaller res... However your buddy Joey loves to snatch up the OBS res for some reason...

Latest posts

Members online