duel hpop

gjoski515

Reaction score
Question when do you guys run duel hpops and where do you get them, i know Jess makes one, i have a diesel sites hi flow hpop, but thinking about got to a stock hpop and putting a duel system on the truck instead.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I thought elite was making dual kits at one time for the 6.0. Don't know if they still are though

I heard they were bending the spool valves in the injectors from too high of oil pressure with their kit.
I'm sure they have that figured out though.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I have run warrens twin pump kit and the T500 upgraded single from Joey at Terminator engineering.

With my 285s and twin pump kit from Jesse I had PLENTY of HP oil. I never bent any spool valves and really don't see how that is possible. The reason I say that is because the problem I ran into was blowing open the IPR valve whenever I got above 5.0v of ICP. I would lose a TON of power and ICP would surge between 3.0 and 5.2v anytime I got above 5.0v. So I made sure ICP sat right at 4.8-4.9v of ICP at WOT.

I had the same issue with the T500 pump and 205s. I had to pull back ICP to keep the IPR valve from blowing open.

My personal opinion is not to put a dual pump kit on a DD... But they are awesome for racing. The dual pump kit really gets in the way and if you are always changing things around then it sucks. I eventually started chasing minor leaks on everything (probably from taking them on and off all the time). Also the secondary pumps don't seem to last much longer than 10,000 - 15,000 miles before they go bad.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I have run warrens twin pump kit and the T500 upgraded single from Joey at Terminator engineering.

With my 285s and twin pump kit from Jesse I had PLENTY of HP oil. I never bent any spool valves and really don't see how that is possible. The reason I say that is because the problem I ran into was blowing open the IPR valve whenever I got above 5.0v of ICP. I would lose a TON of power and ICP would surge between 3.0 and 5.2v anytime I got above 5.0v. So I made sure ICP sat right at 4.8-4.9v of ICP at WOT.

I had the same issue with the T500 pump and 205s. I had to pull back ICP to keep the IPR valve from blowing open.

My personal opinion is not to put a dual pump kit on a DD... But they are awesome for racing. The dual pump kit really gets in the way and if you are always changing things around then it sucks. I eventually started chasing minor leaks on everything (probably from taking them on and off all the time). Also the secondary pumps don't seem to last much longer than 10,000 - 15,000 miles before they go bad.

Can I ask how you made sure ICP was between 4.8-4.9v at WOT?
I don't mean gauges either.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Can I ask how you made sure ICP was between 4.8-4.9v at WOT?
I don't mean gauges either.

It was a little guess and check but it involves messing with the desired ICP and maximum allowable IPR duty cycle tables.

With my twin pump and 285s I had to limit IPR duty cycle to right around .77-.79, anything above .79 and it would blow the IPR valve open.

Basically just dumping the excess pressure through the IPR.

Extended Power

Reaction score
It was a little guess and check but it involves messing with the desired ICP and maximum allowable IPR duty cycle tables.

With my twin pump and 285s I had to limit IPR duty cycle to right around .77-.79, anything above .79 and it would blow the IPR valve open.

Basically just dumping the excess pressure through the IPR.

How are you recording it?
The only software I have that uses a laptop, is that old Ingenuity program.
And I'd have to dig out an old laptop to make it work, as I never upgraded the version after a few years.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score

Problem is the upgraded single pumps seem quite hit or miss as far as reliability goes, especially the 05+ stuff. At least from my research.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
How are you recording it?
The only software I have that uses a laptop, is that old Ingenuity program.
And I'd have to dig out an old laptop to make it work, as I never upgraded the version after a few years.

What do you mean by "recording it"?

I usually record a datalog and then study it on the computer... but I have also used a gopro to record my monitor.

I was using the livewire at the time with a wire tied right into the ICP sensor to record voltage.

I have the auto ingenuity but I don't care for it much when it comes to datalogging. I really like the SCT datalogging graphs.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Problem is the upgraded single pumps seem quite hit or miss as far as reliability goes, especially the 05+ stuff. At least from my research.

AGREED!!! I have been hearing a TON of bad reviews recently from all the 2005+ stuff.

Seems the upgraded 2003-2004 pumps hold up better. Not perfect, but much better reviews.

swinky

Reaction score
Shortly I will find out if dyno proven has a winner with their new 6.0 pump. 30% increase in volume is the claim.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

ford rules

Reaction score
But how is the reliability^?

I've seen multiple blown apart 05^ pumps that's enough for me not to buy them.

swinky

Reaction score
64fa08f65e23b4eaed2451f455479928.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I know only a few people with the Diesel Site pump, but I havent heard anything bad about them as of yet. Just this one case here,and Josh. But that was beta testing at the time. According to Bob, the gear spun and as a result now they key the shaft/gear.

I have one and havent had any issues. What are the issues that are arising? Just not correct pressure? Or complete failure?

gjoski515

Reaction score
I have had two failures of the 05 and up dieselsite pump, the third one is holding up for now, just wondering everone input on these duel hpops

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I heard they were bending the spool valves in the injectors from too high of oil pressure with their kit.
I'm sure they have that figured out though.

Our kit doesn't and has never bent spool valves. We have a secondary blow off.

I bent spool valves on my homemade kit that I built back in '06.

Felt the need to clarify.

Latest posts

Members online