"dump" exhaust

SmokedF747

Reaction score
I did something a little different just to switch it up a bit.

Attachments

• _facebook_-6907290.jpg
    _facebook_-6907290.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 180

JrStroker

Reaction score
How are you guys supporting the over the axle bend? Thinking about doing this but that piece would seem to be heavy just hanging.

Also, how much sound bounces off the ground?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
I've always preferred the clean look of a dumped exhaust with the tip hidden from view. My old 2500HD had a 4" with a 5" tip dump after the axle, this one has a 5" with a 5" tip dump after the axle. I don't have any pics of the dump itself, so here is just a clean rearend with no nasty exhaust hanging down.

IMG_20130526_183043_860.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
I need to weld up a hanger for both sides of mine since I bought a dual rear exit and just left off the last couple pipes after the dump. A lot of sound bounces off the ground. It's actually pretty loud when you get on it but quiet when you want it to be. Also any smoke that might happen looks cool because it doesn't go anywhere it just sits there at certain speeds.

Strokin7

Reaction score
I really like the center dump right over the axle, and if you have the spare removed i like the center dump right under the bumper to where you can either barely see the tip or not at all.

Strokin7

Reaction score
I have a few more months until i get mine in but plans are to remove the spare and put 5in all the way back and a single center dump right in the middle of the bumper.

CoastalF350

Reaction score
Been looking at doing a axel dump but with a different tip that I can custom fab up in my welding/fab class. Right now its a 5in flo pro with an 8in tip. The second pic is what Im looking at doing but with a 5inch inlet and 7in outlet.
punemetu.jpg

tazusana.jpg

johnp115

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Took the last section off and slapped the tip on it. Didnt really notice a sound change, my tip is a 5 to 6 tip... so maybe ill just buy a megaphone tip (7.5-8inch tip) and see if that does anything.