Dyno... Stock studs??

DieselP814

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to see how many of you guys have had your trucks on the rollers with stock studs and didn't blow a head gasket. I know all trucks can be different but just curious how much they will actually hold. I hit 50 psi driving it on 325 race awhile back which worries me when putting it on a dyno with a load on it! What's your guys thoughts??

Halvy85

Reaction score
I ran mine on Hallers dyno in Billings last year before it was studded and it was fine. Ran the Spartan 310EL tune. I drove mine around in either 310 or the 275 for a long time before I finally studded it never had a problem.

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Running it on a dyno puts a lot less stress on the engine and drivetrain compared to running it on the street. You'll be fine. The only time my truck has ever went WOT was on the dyno.

DieselP814

Reaction score
Alrighty guys thanks for the input just maybe Ill put it on the dyno here soon. And Webb06 thanks for clarifying that, I always forget that we have head bolts not studs. Lol but you knew what I meant!

Jonboy108

Reaction score
I can tell you I had no problems with mine until it ran on Dyno. Ran 2 passes and on the 3rd lifted the heads. Truck is in shop now getting studs done.

DieselP814

Reaction score
509hp 1070ft lbs on erics extreme race. kinda disappointed but ill throw it back on here come summer try to get better numbers

Phiber Optik

Reaction score
I ran Matt's race tune without studs or a built trans on a Dyno dynamics, gaskets were fine it only made 47lbs on the Dyno and had a light haze where as on the street it will make 50lbs clean.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I think J.D. has put down the highest hp on stock head bolts with emissions equipment intact. His truck sees 698hp daily too lol. Total freak

Reaction score
How are you guys making 50psi boost most ive seen Is 46 on stock turbos.

It depends on the tune and gearing. I've seen 52lbs on the h&s 300 with a 3.73 truck and another identical truck only with 4:10 only make 46 but it actually is quicker than the 3:73 truck because of gears. Both trucks intake, exhaust, same tune and all deleted. Just goes to show some trucks are healthier than others.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
It depends on the tune and gearing. I've seen 52lbs on the h&s 300 with a 3.73 truck and another identical truck only with 4:10 only make 46 but it actually is quicker than the 3:73 truck because of gears. Both trucks intake, exhaust, same tune and all deleted. Just goes to show some trucks are healthier than others.

Don't mean to hi jack. I'm running the h&s 300 tune also. But i have 3:55 gears, I also made 611 on stock fuel with airdog...what's the altitude you guys are running? I'm at roughly 200 ft above sea level.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't mean to hi jack. I'm running the h&s 300 tune also. But i have 3:55 gears, I also made 611 on stock fuel with airdog...what's the altitude you guys are running? I'm at roughly 200 ft above sea level.

In central Illinois so not much different here. I think around 580ft. My point being that two trucks very similar can make different boost levels with the same tune. Idk why some trucks are just a little healthier or for some reason run different. One I built is running stock turbos with both batmos, 30% and a dragon fire it will push 60lbs. Have another with the same fuel but has elite 72/59 and it pushed the same boost. Idk why but all the trucks seem to have different personalities.

89xj

Reaction score
Mines been on the dyno about a dozen times. Best fuel only was 591. Nitrous was 692 I believe. No studs an never puked or anything. That's where the saying, all trucks are different comes into play lol.