E99 stage 2's

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i'm in the process of buying a set of 160/80's from a buddy of mine that came out of his 2000 and will be going into my E99. Can I buy an IDM with tunes on it to successfully drive the truck until my chip gets back with the tunes on it for the new 2's?

i know a buddy of mine drove his E99 with a set of swamps sticks for about 2 years before he re-tuned his chip. but his was a 6spd.
I'm just looking for options to get around the down time for waiting for my custom tunes

OSCS

Reaction score
I'm not sure if 160's are split or single but if they are single ahot than you need to get a new tune ASAP

Arisley

Reaction score
Even if they are singles, it will run fine, it will have a rough idle though. You really need to find a better PCM though. The XLE PCM that is in your truck is crappy, a PMT1 will do much better.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
they are single shot injectors. i'm thinking about upgrading PCM's and also sending the chip off at the same.
I can run my superchip for the time being until i get new pcm and chip back with tunes

Arisley

Reaction score
I could not remember the DPC number. Thanks.
Tuners will also like tuning for that PCM much better than tuning for the XLE PCM.
Don't try to sell the XLE, nobody wants one, I ended up just giving mine away to somebody.

OSCS

Reaction score
Just because it will run on a split shot tune doesn't mean you should do it. I would reburn After you get a dpc 422 And yes any dpc 422 will Work. I have an e99 and the dpc 422 made a night and day difference. I'll Pm you the place I got mine from. I think it was 240 shipped

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
There is also no reason he shouldn't other than a crappy idle. IOW, he can still use his truck until he gets proper tuning for singles.

Well both tuners I talked to and a couple big wigs on this site have made it very clear to not drive it anywhere besides to the tuner and back home. Do what you want just passin along information I consider very reputable

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i'm not going to worry about upgrading pcm's now for the time being. going to do alot of searching before i get that far. I'm going to get some Cales tunes burnt on my TS chip from Outlaw Diesel Performance while we're swapping injectors. that should work for awhile, if I don't like them, then i'll jsust look for the pcm and swap them and get my chip re-tuned at the same time

OSCS

Reaction score
i'm not going to worry about upgrading pcm's now for the time being. going to do alot of searching before i get that far. I'm going to get some Cales tunes burnt on my TS chip from Outlaw Diesel Performance while we're swapping injectors. that should work for awhile, if I don't like them, then i'll jsust look for the pcm and swap them and get my chip re-tuned at the same time

Whenever your ready for a dpc 422 shoot me a pm

4cstr

Reaction score
As an owner (for a few more days anyways) of an E99 truck...believe me when I (and others) say you would be doing yourself a favor by upgrading the pcm at the same time. I do believe that Jody at DP-Tuner can flash the old XLE boxes...but the PMT boxes are sooooo much better. From shifting to the cruise control...they are just better. Also...if you haven't changed out your 15* hpop...I would begin looking for a good 17* pump...or investigate an aftermarket unit (stealth, terminator, swamps). They all achieve the same end result.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Whenever your ready for a dpc 422 shoot me a pm

i found a guy on the nation that is selling one out of his 01. but he hasn't goten back to me on anything so i assume he's sold it. if you don't mind me asking, do you have one?

As an owner (for a few more days anyways) of an E99 truck...believe me when I (and others) say you would be doing yourself a favor by upgrading the pcm at the same time. I do believe that Jody at DP-Tuner can flash the old XLE boxes...but the PMT boxes are sooooo much better. From shifting to the cruise control...they are just better. Also...if you haven't changed out your 15* hpop...I would begin looking for a good 17* pump...or investigate an aftermarket unit (stealth, terminator, swamps). They all achieve the same end result.

Because of my lack of time, I will just get some cale tunes burnt onto my chip for a few weeks until i can get some time to upgrade PCM's and get the TW tunes burnt onto my chip, if I desire to go back after Cales.
I know i need to upgrade PCM's, but I just don't have the time/ money to do all of it at once.
we'll be installing the injectors/cales tunes at same time. then eventually getting a pcm and TW tunes
And i have a modded 17* pump for now. i'm slowly building another motor and i'm going to use either a T1000 or SRP1.1 when the time comes. in a few years with my pace

Last edited:

caladash

Reaction score
Just because it will run on a split shot tune doesn't mean you should do it. I would reburn After you get a dpc 422 And yes any dpc 422 will Work. I have an e99 and the dpc 422 made a night and day difference. I'll Pm you the place I got mine from. I think it was 240 shipped

Could you please PM me where you got your PCM? I'm looking for an NVK PCM for my 2000 excursion.

Sorry for the derail.

Latest posts

Members online