E99 stage 2's

OSCS

Reaction score
Google homerun auto in south Dakota for the PCM. It's a little mom and pop shop. Very nice people.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
When I put my singles in I didn't have the tunes yet and was told it's ok to drive around while my chip was off getting reburnt. And that was by one of the well respected tuners. Just makes the truck lope a lot.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
well i'll only be driving about 40 miles back to my place when its done. then around town. I won't be doing any hauling until I get my TW tunes. But if i like Cale's tunes taht i'm going to try, then i may not worry about reburning my chip for the time being. I will find out info tonight

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
here is a list of all the dpc-422's, the model of the pcm, and what they came in.

most bone yards will have them, i personally got 5 pmt-1's for $45/piece, from a bone yard.

there are several on car-part.com, right now.

Attachments

• 422 PSD.doc
    126.5 KB · Views: 43
Reaction score
I have both the xle4 and the pmt1 and there was no noticeable difference on the dyno or the street this was at Beans that i was live tuned. Not worth the money IMHO but that is what i seen and was told to me by Jonathon at Beans that there would be no big difference. Some tuners don't have the base files for xle4 so they cant tune them but other than that.... completely up to you.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I have not had any tuning issue so far with Tonys tunes on my Xle4, and i've been running his tunes for almost 4 years. i think for the time being, i'm just going to be looking for sale adds or car-parts.com site for one that comes available. i'm in no need to rush it until i get my other motor done, then i'm going to buy one. but for now, i'll just keep with my stocker

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. i figured with all the different forums i'm on, I'm bound to find one sooner or later or atleast get pointed into the direction of one.

Big Bore

Reaction score
well i'll only be driving about 40 miles back to my place when its done. then around town. I won't be doing any hauling until I get my TW tunes. But if i like Cale's tunes taht i'm going to try, then i may not worry about reburning my chip for the time being. I will find out info tonight

You will be fine, I made several 200+ mi round trips up and down the Rockies with stage II singles on split shot tunes while waiting for a chip. The only adverse side affect is idle, period. And the tuner said I would be fine.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
well i'm going to send my chip off this weekend and hope to get it back in a week or 2. so i'll probably drive it for a couple of weeks without tunes and then put the injectors in and the tunes at the same time.

And as for the car-parts.com site, i specified that i need to look for Engine Computer. do i need to find a 99-01 7.3 Auto year and description?

Latest posts

Members online