Early and Late model injectors

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Does anyone know the truth behind speculation? I have an obvious injector problem and have my eyes on a set of 05' injectors. Of course I ask because I have an 03' (not positive on the build date). I will report back with the build date later today. I would like to pick up these injectors for the price however I don't want to be stuck with injectors I cannot use.

Thanks guys

strokin6L

Reaction score
What's the speculation? A 6L injector is a 6L injector. Any 6L injector will go in any year 6L truck. I've put a 03 injector in an 05 and vise versa....no issues as there shouldn't be.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I've done so e reading that daly and late model injectors are different, the angle of the connector is different, the way they seat in the head is different. Not to mention the difference in the oil rails etc. I just wanted to be sure before I bought this set of injectors.

strokin6L

Reaction score
They're not different. Oil rails are different but both style oil rails sit on the injectors the same way. The difference in oil rails don't mean the injectors are different from model years...no matter if they seat different in the head...which I believe that they don't. When you go to the dealer to get an injector....you only have one choice. Also, when you get a set of injectors from an injector builder....does the builder ask you what year truck you have? Nope...cause it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
There are internal differences, but thats about it really.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
Plunger retainer clip was improved for stability and the plunger went from carbide to DLC coating for wear resistance. Those were the bigger changes. Alliant (and others?) have a grove in the spool cover to aid in reducing surface tension and stiction. But this is newer remans. After a full reman they are all the same. I haven't really noticed anything else.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've always wondered why there are listings for 03-04 injectors and one for 05-07

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
After tomorrow I will finally be able to tear down an injector and figure out the remaining puzzle pieces (at least in my head) to modifying one. I picked up a set of injectors from a wrecked 05 with 35k miles on them. Hopefully those were 35k well cared for miles.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've got two different Ford P/N's and two different Alliant P/N's for the 03/early 04 and late 04-07 injectors.

03/early 04:

Ford P/N - 3C3Z-9E527-ECRM Alliant Power P/N - P60900

Late 04 (9/29/2003 and beyond production, wavy oil rails)/07:

Ford P/N - 4C3Z-9E527-BRM Alliant Power P/N - P60901

ghohouston

Reaction score
Heres what I have gathered in my experience. My old boss was anal about injectors being the "right" ones, so he always wanted what alliant called 900's in 03-04's, and 901's in 05-07 trucks. Well I, not purposely, switched injectors up, I think I put newer injectors in an early engine, and you could honestly not tell one bit of difference... I do not think there is any problem swapping around

Cold Roller

Reaction score
The only reason it has 2 different part numbers was to keep track of the changes made. All remans are the same, unless they did not swap out the plunger and match the main core. So a reman with the old number is just for either parts matching or the reman did not get a new plunger. As far as I understand, all Alliant remans get all the newer upgraded parts. Use either, but realize if the reman was only partial, it may have a shorter service life.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Pretty sure that Alliant does not replace the plungers or intensifier pistons, but I dont have much proof to say that.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I had heard there were only 3 companies that did replace the spool valves. One was Ford, but they don't even do their own do they? Doesn't someone else do their remans for them?

Cold Roller

Reaction score
I recently opened up an Alliant reman (old inventory) and it had an original plunger in it. I can't relocate the new Alliant brochure, but Motorcraft and a few others say this:

Motorcraft uses all new plungers to assure durability and reliability.

Read it for yourself.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CF4QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.powerstrokediesel.com%2Fdocs%2FInjector%2520Comparison.pdf&ei=8IqyUYSbO4i9ygGB8oDoCw&usg=AFQjCNFCx8JJDW0SwIBkAvhkjk5g--ub1Q&sig2=-n9axiAr68mCee-Sd8XGUQ&bvm=bv.47534661,d.aWc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online