Edge CTS update. Read BP now?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about an update for the CTS that will allow you to watch the back pressure on screen? I heard this was out, but couldn't find it at the Edge website. The only updates I saw dealt with tuning on Dmaxes and gasser stuff. Maybe I completely overlooked it. It would be awesome to have BP up on screen next to boost for data logging.

Thanks in advance guys.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Yes, the latest update (x.xxxx.3167) supports EBP now.

Accel Pedal Position
Barometric Pressure
Battery Voltage
Engine Coolant Temp
Engine Load
Engine Oil Temp
Engine RPM
Exh. Backpressure
FICM Voltage
Injection Control Press
Injection Control Voltage
Injector Pulse Width
Intake Air Temp
Manifold Abs Pressure
Mass Air Flow
Trans Fluid Temp
TCC Duty Cycle
TC Lockup
Turbo Boost
Vehicle Speed
VGT Duty Cycle

Last edited:

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
Is this just now coming out for the 6.0? I've been able to read ebp for almost a year on my 7.3, thats strange that Edge is that far behind.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
yes you have exhaust back pressure as well as icp psi now.

many of us already did the update and works nicely.

Well..... I'll check the Edge website again tomorrow. I hate asking stupid questions, but I couldn't find any reference to this on the site and I ussually only update if there is something benificial to me. I've heard too many guys updating stuff for the hell of it, then they have issues that weren't there before. Thank you sir.

Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Yes, the latest update (x.xxxx.3167) supports EBP now.

Engine Load
Mass Air Flow
Accel Pedal Position
Intake Air Temp
Engine Coolant Temp
Engine RPM
Battery Voltage
Vehicle Speed
Engine Oil Temp
Turbo Boost
Barometric Pressure
Trans Fluid Temp
Injection Control Press
Injector Pulse Width
Manifold Abs Pressure
TC Lockup
Exh. Backpressure
FICM Voltage
VGT Duty Cycle
TCC Duty Cycle
ICP Voltage
Thanks Bill!

Power Hungry

Reaction score
It's very possible that it's clogged. Not uncommon, which is why Ford went to Inferred EBP. What is your PCM strategy? (Go to Help, Vehicle Info)

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Well..... I'll check the Edge website again tomorrow. I hate asking stupid questions, but I couldn't find any reference to this on the site and I ussually only update if there is something benificial to me. I've heard too many guys updating stuff for the hell of it, then they have issues that weren't there before. Thank you sir.
its cool. i found out by others that did the update from another forum.
Is this just now coming out for the 6.0? I've been able to read ebp for almost a year on my 7.3, thats strange that Edge is that far behind.
they are very behind. i called and complained while back that they behind. and told them my ae reads more than their pos did. lol
Looks like my EBP setup is clogged up, or I have an extremely efficient turbo!

Reads a constant 0psi

that or a hole.

both of my 7.3s were clogged and had a bad tube.

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
they are very behind. i called and complained while back that they behind. and told them my ae reads more than their pos did. lol

Well damn, glad I don't run their tunes and only use it for gauges. And definitely glad I didn't pay for it! Came with the truck when I bought it.

Duke

Reaction score
What kind of bp numbers are dangerous . I'm under the impression your want a 1:1 bp , boost ratio

g2shuck

Reaction score
you will never actually see a 1:1.... to bad the icp pressure cannot be displayed properly when tuned they need to work on it like ken at dashboss is

Jarrod B

Reaction score
It tricks the computer to allow more fuel. So like my srl reading 2000 psi max really was 3600 psi. Since I'm back on stock tunes I see the real readout on the icp now.

That's why I said use the volts. With the volts you have an idea what's it really is.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
The ICP V can be made to read the correct ICP PSI. It just needs to be appropriately offset and scaled. I run it that way on my truck and it matched my ICP within about 10 PSI. (I don't spoof my ICP sensor on my truck.)

Dave

Reaction score
Bill does your tuning use inferred EBP or do you use the sensor readings?

Power Hungry

Reaction score
I use the VXBC6 series calibration which is NOT inferred EBP. VXBC7 and VXBC9 are inferred and I usually avoid those at all costs. The calibrations that use the EBP sensor (provided it is working) tend to be more responsive and get better fuel economy than the inferred versions.

Fordguy100

Reaction score
I use the VXBC6 series calibration which is NOT inferred EBP. VXBC7 and VXBC9 are inferred and I usually avoid those at all costs. The calibrations that use the EBP sensor (provided it is working) tend to be more responsive and get better fuel economy than the inferred versions.

So since its inferred, is that the reason it wont read on the CTS?

Latest posts

Members online