EGR Delete

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
for those that have done the full delete, how long did it take you? i was looking at the sinister kit. instructions didnt look too bad.

ClayStewart

Reaction score
I've had a few bolts on the exhaust manifold break, but most were on trucks with miles on them. Being yours is new it shouldn't be anything to worry about. Huge fan of Deep Creep for the EGR pipe bolts. Pretty straight forward. Hell of a lot easier than a 6.0 or 6.4...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a few bolts on the exhaust manifold break, but most were on trucks with miles on them. Being yours is new it shouldn't be anything to worry about. Huge fan of Deep Creep for the EGR pipe bolts. Pretty straight forward. Hell of a lot easier than a 6.0 or 6.4...

thats what i was hoping, thanks for the heads up, any tips you got throw them out.. im using the h and s delete and pyro.

Ragu9000

Reaction score
be sure your socket it seated very well and the socket is not worn out when removing lower bolts. Use 3 swivels and 7 feet of extensions if thats what you need, but they are very easy to round off.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
did the sinister kit in my drive way, took right at about 4 hours, wasnt moving quickly and was taking my time. followed the instructions ( this will slow you down some ), but it all around simple.

dont throw your back out trying to heave that damn egr cooler over the fender lol, that thing aint no joke.

and be careful when you do get it out cause there will still be coolant in it, and you could eaily be wearing said coolant depending on how you grab it to get it out.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Mike,

Call Sean OHara and get one of his kits. It was out before Sinisters, and I'd put my money in Sean's pocket before theirs anyday

Jared

FWIW.. Sean is also a vendor.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
did the sinister kit in my drive way, took right at about 4 hours, wasnt moving quickly and was taking my time. followed the instructions ( this will slow you down some ), but it all around simple.

dont throw your back out trying to heave that damn egr cooler over the fender lol, that thing aint no joke.

and be careful when you do get it out cause there will still be coolant in it, and you could eaily be wearing said coolant depending on how you grab it to get it out.

thanks buddy !!

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Its easy buddy...we did it when I never have seen a 6.7 engine before in a few hours and drinkin some beer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Its easy buddy...we did it when I never have seen a 6.7 engine before in a few hours and drinkin some beer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

sweet. thank god nachos has little hands ;)

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Just a helpful hint. Take off the grill surround and the right side headlight to get to the lower coolant hose. I didnt take mine off then when I changed my headlight bulbs I noticed it was right there easy to get. I fought that thing for a while.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just a helpful hint. Take off the grill surround and the right side headlight to get to the lower coolant hose. I didnt take mine off then when I changed my headlight bulbs I noticed it was right there easy to get. I fought that thing for a while.

zactly the stuff im looking for thanks !!!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score

Hmm sounds like the trick I found after you told me I needed a friend to help me with that part lol

Latest posts

Members online