EGT Control

TyCorr

Reaction score
Seems like its coming up better than the hp. Given the number of times these have been compounded the atmo is of an acceptable size and the hp seems way too large compressor wise. 62-66mm turbos would work best on the bottom end.

But anything is possible.

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Before the op goes changing anything I would like to see boost:drive numbers. Ideally on both chargers but at least an overall boost:drive

A 468/96 with a 1.10 or 1.25 t4 would work well if you want to run some 400/400s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
I'd like to see the pressure between the two turbines when the truck is having trouble spooling too.

strok-n

Reaction score
Before the op goes changing anything I would like to see boost:drive numbers. Ideally on both chargers but at least an overall boost:drive

A 468/96 with a 1.10 or 1.25 t4 would work well if you want to run some 400/400s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have some numbers for the overall drive numbers this weekend.

strok-n

Reaction score
alright dont hate me haha, but i got looking at my secondary and it is actually a k31 turbo. the BW Part # is 5329-988-7128. Can anyone tell me know what the actual specs are on this turbo. I feel like an idiot for not seeing this sooner.

uncool

Reaction score
IF you do have a K31 turbo, you have a 71 mm inducer compressor wheel with a 87/77mm Turbine Wheel.

The K29, p/n 53299887129 is the replacement for the old school K31 turbo.

Marc

Last edited:

strok-n

Reaction score
IF you do have a K31 turbo, you have a 71 mm inducer compressor wheel with a 87/77mm Turbine Wheel. Your low pressure charger is way too small. Pull that thing and get some dimentions.

You have to very similar sized turbos arranged in a compound setup.

The K29, p/n 53299887129 is the replacement for the old school K31 turbo.

If you are going to have to spend money I would look at replacing your LP turbo with this. BW p/n 179191.

Marc

I would be willing to let you try my old school Garrett 91mm charger, but I don't know how much piping change you would have to do.

I think you got me wrong. The low pressure is the s591 and the high pressure is the K31.

strok-n

Reaction score
sorry guys no numbers. took the truck for a quick spin and it popped a HPOP line. so i now get to clean up and fix that.

lengelhardt

Reaction score
Not to take your thread but I'm really interested. I wish I could give you more advise but it seems everyone has got there. Lol I'm working on my compound using an hx 52 for my small charger but haven't figured out what I want for my big charger. I have a bht3b but I think it would be to small for what I want. Love the look of your setup by the way.

strok-n

Reaction score
ok so i wasnt able to get backpressure readings( gauge didnt show up) but i did swap out the high pressure turbo. Switched it to a standard s366. Spool up is slightly increased, and the max i hit on the EGT's was 1700. Hopefully i can get my damn gauge here so i can really see the numbers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.