Electric Fuel Systems for OBS

Reaction score
If you want an off the shelf bolt on kit, either Dieselsite or Strictly Diesel is the way to go. Either way a stock super duty pump will be fine. I've been running a Dieselsite kit for about 6 years or so now and it has been pretty reliable. All I've had to replace was one relay and I broke the plastic stand pipe for the dahl filter so I had to replace that.

Quick302Pony

Reaction score
If you want an off the shelf bolt on kit, either Dieselsite or Strictly Diesel is the way to go. Either way a stock super duty pump will be fine. I've been running a Dieselsite kit for about 6 years or so now and it has been pretty reliable. All I've had to replace was one relay and I broke the plastic stand pipe for the dahl filter so I had to replace that.

Thanks. I'm doing my research a little bit out of the day and there are some good kits to choose from. It's probably one of those things where you just close your eyes a pick because they all seem pretty comparable.

jwlandry

Reaction score
any kit you get now will be good quality.

Beans
Irate
Dieselsite
Stricty Diesel
DIY

just find one that suits your wallet and order it.

jschildm

Reaction score
I opted for Irate's kit because it came with solid steel fuel lines in the valley. I have been running it for about 2 years now trouble free. I am sure all are great kits. Some people have also made their own that are nice, and pretty cheap, if you have some time to spend gathering parts.

Steelhorse08

Reaction score
If you have the time and patience, building your own kit isn't vary hard, and it will be a lot cheaper then buying a complete fuel system. Stock Superduty pump, aeromotive regulator, napa filter bases, and napa filters. Then it is up to you how you want to do your fuel lines. The cheapest would obviously be rubber line with hose clamps everywhere. But i would spend the extra cash and do stainless braided line.

Quick302Pony

Reaction score
This is actually a Christmas present for my husband, so I'd rather just buy a kit outright so I can have it.

d7es3l

Reaction score
I got the beans kit & I am in love with it! It is beautiful to look at also. Definitely look into bean's.

m j

Reaction score
my DIY is way more expensive then just buying a nice Irate setup :)
I say buy theirs

the electrical side is where it gets interesting.
I bought a strictly diesel fuel pump harness but only ended up using the oil switch and the timer from it, the rest I follow TomS idea and hit the wreckers for a spare underhood distribution box
repinned an empty relay and an empty maxifuse to power the pump
relay trigger power is from the same source as the ecm diode, relay trigger ground path is through either the oil pressure switch or the timer

oneton

Reaction score
marty has a nice kit for the obs trucks also,seems to be in the ballpark with most others

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
my DIY is way more expensive then just buying a nice Irate setup :)
I say buy theirs

I'll agree that a DIY fuel system can surpass the cost of an 'off the shelf' kit, especially if you are buying new components and it is your first time putting one together. Pump(s), regulator, fittings S.S. line and filter bases add up in a hurry if you are buying new. Don't forget the fuel it costs to run back down to the Parker store to get that fitting you forgot you needed the first 3 times you were down there.
I've got a Beans kit sitting out in my shop. Haven't installed it yet, but everything looks to be top notch. Just need a truck to put it on.

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
This is actually a Christmas present for my husband, so I'd rather just buy a kit outright so I can have it.

Awesome!
My jaw would drop if my wife gave me a gift like that!!! let alone doing research and knowing what she was talking about!, I think any of the kits are good quality. Strictly Diesel has top notch customer service- not that the others don't. Let us know what you end up doing. is your hubby on here? he won't see your posts will he?

96F350KID

Reaction score

We started using the Irate kits because if your husband decides to expand his injectors the mounting plate has provisions to add a second pump or a Fuel lab or A1000 pump! The stainless steel hard lines are a plus as well he'll never blow one out from age apposed to others. They run outside the valley and in most cases can be installed without removing the turbo! I have 1 left in stock if you're interested please PM me. The kit comes with the option to retain the factory fuel selector OR enough hose to run a sump into a single tank. EVERYTHING is stainless steel so it will never rust.

Latest posts

Members online