Elite Diesel Engineering - Turbo Kit Order - Only the Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow White

Reaction score
I have no experience with elite diesel in particular but I feel so many companies in the diesel performance industry do this . I just want a straight and honest answer and I think thats all anybody wants . I get so tired of hearing im shipping it now as we speak ! Only too call two weeks later and hear excuses and that they are now shipping !!!!!!!!! Unbelievable how hard is it too provide some communication ......

slc dzl

Reaction score
I have no experience with elite diesel in particular but I feel so many companies in the diesel performance industry do this . I just want a straight and honest answer and I think thats all anybody wants . I get so tired of hearing im shipping it now as we speak ! Only too call two weeks later and hear excuses and that they are now shipping !!!!!!!!! Unbelievable how hard is it too provide some communication ......

This is so true, funny how you call or even text and the product is always about to be shipped and two weeks later nothing.
To the op sucks to hear man.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I think to address this part of the issue is that most companies that are in the diesel community that actually produce parts are very small companies smaller than you might think. I think elite is 5-7 employees, MPD is probably about the same, Rudy's is probably 10 or so ect ect. This goes for the same in the duramax and Cummings world as well. You don't have the holly, edlebrocks, morroso ect ect backing them up with big money and the ability to mass produce product easily. As far as I know almost all shops are several weeks out, parts in some cases like turbos are a couple weeks out ect.

I'm not saying what going on here is any of these things, but I think that's why everyone finds these issues present in the diesel community, almost all companies depend on other places, machine shops ect to get things done. so some of it is out of their hands. Sucks really because the end user is the one who suffers

bricewise

Reaction score
I guess for me I was prepared from some delay. Hell ill even admit Levi communicated with me anytime I sent him an email. But 6 weeks vs 6 months is a hell of a long time for $2850 to just sit there.

JMart

Reaction score
I think to address this part of the issue is that most companies that are in the diesel community that actually produce parts are very small companies smaller than you might think. I think elite is 5-7 employees, MPD is probably about the same, Rudy's is probably 10 or so ect ect. This goes for the same in the duramax and Cummings world as well. You don't have the holly, edlebrocks, morroso ect ect backing them up with big money and the ability to mass produce product easily. As far as I know almost all shops are several weeks out, parts in some cases like turbos are a couple weeks out ect.

I'm not saying what going on here is any of these things, but I think that's why everyone finds these issues present in the diesel community, almost all companies depend on other places, machine shops ect to get things done. so some of it is out of their hands. Sucks really because the end user is the one who suffers

You bring up so good points and explanations. Some companies handle it better than others is all. Some are honest and some decieve to get the sale.

To me it looks like the op got taken advantage of. He said he was in a time crunch so he was told 2 weeks so they wouldn't lose the sell. If he would have been told 2 months he might have gone somewhere else or just not have upgraded. Why would you tell someone you only need two weeks for the turbo to come in if the rest of the parts aren't even made yet?

Its a good thing Elite has such a well know name, but sometimes that can be a double edge sword if you can't handle the demand. Its just sad we have to keep seeing threads like this about them.

BlueOx

Reaction score
You bring up so good points and explanations. Some companies handle it better than others is all. Some are honest and some decieve to get the sale.

To me it looks like the op got taken advantage of. He said he was in a time crunch so he was told 2 weeks so they wouldn't lose the sell. If he would have been told 2 months he might have gone somewhere else or just not have upgraded. Why would you tell someone you only need two weeks for the turbo to come in if the rest of the parts aren't even made yet?

Its a good thing Elite has such a well know name, but sometimes that can be a double edge sword if you can't handle the demand. Its just sad we have to keep seeing threads like this about them.

That's pretty much how I see this whole deal going down. Don't tell the man your just waiting on the turbos to come in when none of the other parts to the kit are ready to go.

Refund the mans money and move on with it. Wait until you get a good stock built up on the shelves and then start selling the kits.

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
These turbo kits are tough business.
Guys need there trucks back on the road.
All companies are doing their absolute best to get the customers going.
The fords are good trucks you just can't push the turbo that hard tuned up.

Joe I hope you get the truck going with a nice kit soon.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
These turbo kits are tough business.
Guys need there trucks back on the road.
All companies are doing their absolute best to get the customers going.
The fords are good trucks you just can't push the turbo that hard tuned up.

Joe I hope you get the truck going with a nice kit soon.

wow. you nailed it.

Wayne

Reaction score
I wish you used more smileys. I have a hard time telling when you're serious or being a sarcastic some times.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Iirc bts it out a few weeks too. He has a real big name. Never dealt with him though so I can't say how his communication is

morepower02

Reaction score
Elite let someone down on a time frame with no communication? It has gone on as long as the diesel forums have been around. To the OP good luck and my sympathy.

Reaction score
Iirc bts it out a few weeks too. He has a real big name. Never dealt with him though so I can't say how his communication is

I use BTS for all our 4r100's. He may be a month out, but he is usually spot on once that month is over. Never any complaints with Brian. Idk why we need to bring others into this?

Hopefully the op and elite get this straightened out. No one wants to have these threads.

bigaF250

Reaction score
The only thing I don't understand and this is as a business owner is that if the demand is there no matter what it is, why would you not grow to meet that demand and keep your customers happy, well at least as much as you can. I understand not wanting to ever over extend yourself or your company but if the demand is there then the numbers simply just become numbers and nothing more. Honestly Elite would probably make more money if the did do all of their machining in house. But... I've been wrong beforeLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online