elite or diesel dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrick36

Reaction score
Is the large pricing difference between the two only because Elite's comes with a new factory pump, or would Jeremy's kit still be significantly cheaper even if purchased with a new pump? If so, as long as jeremy's kit was using lines and fittings that met or exceeded the factory specs, I would think the only other things to consider would be the belt issues already brought up and which company you choose to support. I havent heard of either company having a failure and they both seem to accomplish the same goal.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't think with the diesel Dr you use the factory belt, I think you just run a longer single belt rather the a factory belt and an added belt for the second pump.

one2nine

Reaction score
Yes, the diesel dr kit uses a longer single belt for their kit. IMO, price was a pretty big factor when going with fuelers for me as I wasn't initially planning on adding fuelers at this time in my build, but for the price it was hard to say no. With my fueler kit, pump, alternator, and 8 oem injector line kits I'm still under the $2000 mark where as the ede kit is 3200. However, that is with a new pump.

Diesel23

Reaction score
Diesel Dr kit does need the alternate alternator and can be had for very cheap to at least less then stock amps or you can pay just a bit more and I got a high out put alternator ,As for Quality of the kit it was Top Notch even comes with a couple pages of instructions!!! My experiance with DD has been great !! Ive made several trips to their shop and have got many big deals like madman said earlier it helps the guy watching his pennys !! As for Giving back to PSA/Sponsors I have had the opportunity To incorporate many purchases From Elite , MPD , PTP im sure im missing a couple ,I do though go where i feel welcome , I love the wealth of info on this site but and also the amount of choices everyone has , So OP Bottom Line is where you are happy and feel comfortable !! Good Luck in your decision

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The cost is obviously offset with the added pulleys, tensioner, crank pulley ect.

Just another thing for the end user to debate how they want to do it. To me it doesn't matter, i like the added belt and pulley to not move the alternator and all that, its added stuff that has potential to go wrong, but its all factory ford for the most part.

So you say you had about 2k in it? That was with a new pump?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
THIS is what I'm looking for. If my truck came with dual alternators, would I still need to buy another one?

And honestly, I'd rather not need another belt to run it. Just seems simpler in my mind.

But maybe I should just ask for a list of "differences" between the kits instead of pro's/con's. That way nobody gets their feelings hurt?

I think I like the separate belt idea. If it does go you can make it home or to where ever with one pump. I am having Elite's dual pump system installed, so I have never ran it. I also like the idea of knowing a lot of others have used the system.

I must admit, knowing it has a new stock pump is also a plus. Like Dustin said, you need to decide for yourself what you want. I am not telling anyone to go with Elite's system, just stating my reasoning.

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
Ill have almost 1600 in my kit, 1000 for the kit, 250 for a 40k pump and 280 for an alternator..... The DD kit comes with a harness that converts a truck with a single stock "6g" alternator to be able to plug into the top mount "4g" alternator. I do not believe a battery light comes on at that point. As for a truck with 2 alternators im not sure.

The stock bottom mount alternator is 125amps. The stock top mount is 120 amps. So youll only be loosing 5 amps. Ive seen a 200amp alternator on ford parts fiches before so im not sure if that was also an option for utility trucks or what. I am ordering a 200amp top mount for 280 bucks from a company that Ive spoken with a few times that says it wont be a problem at all.... They also make a harness to adapt to only run the top mount, just like diesel dr does, and they said its no problem

blk350on20s

Reaction score
The con of the pump being on the serpentine is null and void. You blow a serpentine belt with either kit you are screwed. And the DD kit would be much easier to replace the belt without all the added stuff.

derrick36

Reaction score
The con of the pump being on the serpentine is null and void. You blow a serpentine belt with either kit you are screwed. And the DD kit would be much easier to replace the belt without all the added stuff.

I think the argument was that if you shell out your 2nd pump you could still get home with the elite kit. You'd just have to remove the 2nd belt.

White_monster

Reaction score
You'll be screwed either way if the pump fails. System will be contaminated so either setup will leave you dead in the water. Changing the belts on the elite setup blows. Space is limited at best and modifications to clean the fan shroud are needed, not to mention needing to trim the battery box some. Also the fuel lines in the elite kit vibrate unless you wrap them in hose since there really is no good way to clamp them. Next the elite kit has the fuel line "T" very close to the hpfp harness plug. If not put in right you will run through the insulation of the wires and ground out the rear pump. Pros to the elite kit are its simple enough to change the pump if it does go bad where as the DD kit is buried. Also with the DD kit the hpfp is mounted very close to the exhaust manifold which could allow for heat transfer to the hpfp.

In all honesty both kits are about the same. There's room to improve both kits. Are the improvements going to happen, in time I'm sure they will tweak things and make them better. My suggestion, and its been said before, pick the kit that makes you feel comfortable with your purchase. If your happy then you made a good choice. It's not always about money ya know.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You'll be screwed either way if the pump fails. System will be contaminated so either setup will leave you dead in the water. Changing the belts on the elite setup blows. Space is limited at best and modifications to clean the fan shroud are needed, not to mention needing to trim the battery box some. Also the fuel lines in the elite kit vibrate unless you wrap them in hose since there really is no good way to clamp them. Next the elite kit has the fuel line "T" very close to the hpfp harness plug. If not put in right you will run through the insulation of the wires and ground out the rear pump. Pros to the elite kit are its simple enough to change the pump if it does go bad where as the DD kit is buried. Also with the DD kit the hpfp is mounted very close to the exhaust manifold which could allow for heat transfer to the hpfp.

In all honesty both kits are about the same. There's room to improve both kits. Are the improvements going to happen, in time I'm sure they will tweak things and make them better. My suggestion, and its been said before, pick the kit that makes you feel comfortable with your purchase. If your happy then you made a good choice. It's not always about money ya know.

Well now I know what to check on when mine is done. :thumbup:
I knew the clearances in changing the belt would suck, but didn't think about the contamination issue. Smarter brains always prevail. LOL

one2nine

Reaction score
In all honesty I'm even below the 1300 mark with my setup so I cannot complain a single bit thus far. I have literally had deals come up that I will never see again. I'm happy with the service from DD and wouldn't hesitate to buy from again. I just think its good to have alternatives in a build. I also have a skew of parts from multiple companies going into my build so I'm certainly not biased to one or the other.

Evan ogre44

Reaction score
i prefer elite. they are a big name brand so they are well known, their products have been tested and they run big performance. as dustin said many people on this site run with elite and clausen the winner of dpc this year has his new build sitting at elite right now so that has to tell ya something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online