Elite Tow Power Atmosphere turbo data

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, I knew my truck would be used for testing parts, so shortly after I got it and did some basic mods I ran it on Haller's dyno. Last saturday I added a tow-power atmosphere turbo so I could test the results at altitude. I also have baseline track times I'll be comparing them to. Hopefully I'll be headed to the track tonight. If not, then very soon, so that data will also be available here.

Baseline setup:

'08 Job 1 F-350 CCLB with 171XXX miles, 6" lift, 37" toyo m/t's, 20" wheels, fabtech traction bars, CCV to exhaust, 4" downpipe back straight pipe exhaust, modified stock intake (pictured below), Elite EGR delete, No Limit CAC piping, Innovative Xtreme Race tune with race program shifting. Everything else is stock. It also just crossed the scales at 8400# with me and 1/4 tank in it as well. Before and after dyno graph below, and before and after time slips to come. I believe I have the dyno runs data logged. If anyone has specific questions I'll do my best to answer them.

The only change I made between dyno runs is the addition of the Elite tow-power atmosphere turbo. It also has 174XXX miles now

2012-05-01_17-18-08_207.jpg

2012-05-01_17-12-42_161.jpg

here she is on the dyno. I hope you don't mind the candid shot mike.
2012-04-28_19-43-16_645.jpg

2012-04-28_19-42-46_904.jpg

My stock intake modified^ this is how it's been since before the initial dyno runs. Filter minder has not moved at all until this last set of dyno runs when it pulled in the minder half way. It was quite tight, but I did fit the stock inlet elbow of the face of the tow-power turbo (pictured)
2012-04-28_17-19-42_14.jpg

Stock vs Tow power turbos^

So, to sum it up, I got a peak power gain of 85.63 rwhp, and 155.73 rwtq, and I'm quite happy with the gain. I could feel it almost instantly. Exhaust note sounds the same, but I can hear just a bit of intake noise increase. More data to come, but feel free to ask any questions.

Also, if anyone else has their own data on this specific modification feel free to contribute your findings.

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
My truck made 641 uncorrected with a similar setup, so it looks like that's about right. Good info Wayne.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Good info Wayne. Did the weather stay good for some track passes

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Shootingstar

Reaction score
Do you have any graphs showing the lower RPM ranges say 1200 to 2500. Rpm. I'm getting ready to add similar mid to my truck but I do a lot of towing.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
your truck runs real strong on 37s! especially for 175k

looks like you picked a winner!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i thought that waynes original numbers were a bit low cuz jd ran the same tune and made like 40 more hp, i kinda thought that it was just because of the high miles, but maybe there was something up with it initially or it didnt have the right tune in it or something weird happened, i think the number he had was fairly accurate yesterday since jeffs truck dyno'd close to that.

I think waynes last week numbers at the track were 13.9s on 37s
two years ago (maybe more) i ran 13.8s on a beta 310 spartan on 37s, both on stock turbos, so honestly i think his initial numbers might be a bit low.. not sure tho, guess we will see how much he pics up, 13.5s would be my guess, maybe a little faster.

Wayne

Reaction score
I made 6 or 7 dyno runs the day I got my baseline numbers. The graph I showed was the highest horsepower of all my runs. JD ran 598 I think the same day on nearly an identical setup. His truck is lighter, and with that same setup he runs 13.5's at bandimere. Fwiw he ran 12.9 in phoenix. I got to the track late tonight and only got 2 passes. My 2nd was the last pass of the night. 1st pass was 16.xx on a corrupt tune so I was glad to get another. Last Wednesday I ran a 13.7, and tonight my only good run was 13.4. I'll post time slips later tonight. JD got bids of both runs. Maybe he could post them up.:poke: as far as lower end rpm torque I don't have any low rpm dyno runs, but if feels stronger throughout the full range. Sorry I can't help much more than that.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
3 tenths is a good increase,

Mph will tell the HP story more, see if you can dig both mph up and post them up

Wayne

Reaction score
2012-05-02_21-15-38_418.jpg

Here's my best of last week vs. my only good run tonight. I think it's got a bit more in it as I know I can launch it better. I was on the converter way longer than I felt comfortable tonight at 20 psi waiting for the compounded cummins to get in the last set of bulbs. If I can get the vid up it'll make more sense. At any rate though I'm very happy with the results. FWIW, the hand written numbers at the bottom of the slips are egt's at the end of the track. 20 psi boosted launch on both runs, but on the run tonight I was at about 1200 before I even crossed the beams.

I might also add I had a passenger with me in the run tonight, about 130# worth. Details, but that's what this thread is about. Blame JD for that discrepancy

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
2012-05-02_21-15-38_418.jpg

Here's my best of last week vs. my only good run tonight. I think it's got a bit more in it as I know I can launch it better. I was on the converter way longer than I felt comfortable tonight at 20 psi waiting for the compounded cummins to get in the last set of bulbs. If I can get the vid up it'll make more sense. At any rate though I'm very happy with the results. FWIW, the hand written numbers at the bottom of the slips are egt's at the end of the track. 20 psi boosted launch on both runs, but on the run tonight I was at about 1200 before I even crossed the beams.

I might also add I had a passenger with me in the run tonight, about 130# worth. Details, but that's what this thread is about. Blame JD for that discrepancy
You beat me to the video :D lol and she said she's only 106 lbs so she didn't slow you down too much :D

Riding in the truck tonight I gotta say it picked up a lot of top end, but results were pretty noticeable all the way through the gears. I'm really excited for Wayne and impressed with that charger. Wayne put almost a second on a 2011 5.0 mustang tonight... Not bad! What's up natural aspiration at altitude lol.

Wayne

Reaction score
106? okay. add the slightly more full fuel tank, extra helmet & jackets, and I call it close enough. Just in case my wife stumbles on this i don't even remember her name. It was a favor for you that I didn't really mind. Her boyfriend should've been the one letting her ride shotgun though, and I'm happily married to an easily jealous woman.

Latest posts

Members online