Elite Tow Power Atmosphere turbo data

200whp_Liter

Reaction score
No nitrous is for fairies. You shouldn't need 2 power adders to make anything go fast. Just didn't think altitude made such a big difference. So with this new found turbo you should run say a 12.4 at 1500ft

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Scott we have been down this road before my truck.only ever ran 13.7s on 37s with a Spartan.310 the altitude does effect it more.than anyone realizes. Bandimere is one of the hardest tracks to.go.fast at. Anyone that's been.here knows that.

And fwiw the same truck went 13.1 same lift Ect at sea level a couple Weeks after running 13.8 no changes to.the truck. Altitude is a mother ***er

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
I really doubt it would go that fast. Since the air in denser, the turbo won't have as drastic of an effect on time... Maybe 12.6-12.7

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No nitrous is for fairies. You shouldn't need 2 power adders to make anything go fast. Just didn't think altitude made such a big difference. So with this new found turbo you should run say a 12.4 at 1500ft

When a turbo is at the edge of its map it well be easy to loose that much power. Now at sea level the gains prob won't be as big

Wayne

Reaction score
Based on what I've seen with before and after results on this setup at high altitude, and CF dyno numbers I suspect my truck that ran 13,7 stock, and 13.4 with the turbo upgrade would probably be about 13.1 at close to sea level, and JD's turd would be a mid 12.7 to low 12.8.

Take BFT's truck for example. He's still on stock fuel, crew cab, 37's, and high power compounds. his truck still only ran a 12.7 in Arizona. maybe could've pulled a 12.5 on stock tires, and he's got way more air than JD who ran a 12.98 the same day with smaller tires and stock turbo. Robert's setup runs super low temps, pulls like a freight train, and does it day in, and day out almost completely smoke free. He could have way more power on tap with as much air as he has available, if he added fuel, but for what he does it's perfect. Maximum efficiency is the key on Roberto's setup.

The relatively big power gains we're seeing here in Denver (70+ rwhp, and 100+ tq) wouldn't be quite as impressive at lower elevation. I suspect you'd see somewhere in the neighborhood of 50+ hp and 80+ tq to the ground because there's only x amount of fuel to burn, and denser air at low elevation would be like those of us in the mile high club, er, city to be running a small amount of nitrous all the time to make things equal. Just the same, once nitrous is added to a power equasion, CF goes completely out the window aside from pre-nitrous spool up time, so a 1000 hp nitrous run on a corrected dyno at high elevation is much less impressive than a 1000 hp nitrous run on a corrected dyno at low elevation. take away the correction factor, and that 1000 hp run at high altitude suddenly becomes 875ish where the one at low elevation would still be hovering around 950ish uncorrected. There are tons of other things that come into play to establish correction factor like humidity, air temp, etc, so I obviously can't be exact in those figures, but the point is still valid.

Pahrump

Reaction score
Scott we have been down this road before my truck.only ever ran 13.7s on 37s with a Spartan.310 the altitude does effect it more.than anyone realizes. Bandimere is one of the hardest tracks to.go.fast at. Anyone that's been.here knows that.

And fwiw the same truck went 13.1 same lift Ect at sea level a couple Weeks after running 13.8 no changes to.the truck. Altitude is a mother ***er

I was just saying man......

I understand altitude....Ive been all over and raced all sorts of things...I was just saying its gonna take more than a 13.5 time slip to sell me this..WHICH I ALREADY WANT TO BUY...lol

Because an otherwise stock truck running 38s or better knocking down 12.5-12.8s at sea level would be impressive.

Pahrump

Reaction score
Guess not always does HP on the dyno equate to faster times, you have to be able to put that power down efficiently. Because back in 08 my truck was only putting down around 525 at the wheels.

Thing is I have been reading all the threads here about upgrades that can be handled cab on, I want to do something to my truck, but Im having a hard time selling myself on the labor time and parts cost vs the track/street gains...sure the dynos look great and are cool to talk about

I dunno but I know I want to do something I have some cash burning through my pocket still after buying the lift stuff..lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think part of the reason your truck did so well us the big tires with 3.73 gears. I actually went faster going from 35s to 37s

These trucks like 3.55 gears and stock.sized tires

The main.point is that Jd cut .5 off his et and picked up 3 mph with just a 1300 dollar turbo swap he did without pulling the turbos. Plus loss in.egts cleaner running Ect. Dyno numbers show gains and the biggest thing if you look.at the graph is it carried power out longer in the rpm.

The tow power atmosphere is the best bang for the buck imho. Plus you can add fuel to this turbo for even more gains

Pahrump

Reaction score
With that said would changing the complete turbo out to the tow power be a "better" mod than changing both wheels?

My new truck has a 3.73 rear end as well and it seems to run great....I am only running the 275 tune cause honestly I am a bit scared of the 170K head bolts...so I want to do the EGR delete, studs, and something with the turbo/s all at once here soon.

I am guessing tuning is not an issue? Seems as though MPG would go up as well if my little brain is working right here.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident that you will make more power with this turbo than any type of a wheel swap, batmowheel or otherwise. I bet temps would be lower as well. With the lighter wheel (even though it's larger) lag is a non issue, and I made no tuning changes, and don't think it would be necessary. Also, with a wheel swap, your turbos are out of balance, and if you balance them, might as well rebuild them IMO, do I feel like you would be money ahead going with this turbo.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I will just throw this out there. It seems like some trucks are just freaks, some just respond to different mods better than others. That is what is seems like when comparing #'s from different trucks with the same mods. These things seem to have their own personality at times. Can't explain it, just seems that way.

200whp_Liter

Reaction score
This turbo is sounding better and better 1300.00 for a turbo that's cheep. Where can I get one? Was it easy to install? He said you don't have to remove both turbos to do just the one. Did you do this at a shop or in your garage? Sorry for all the questions but seems like the way I want to go.

jdgleason

Reaction score
You can get one through us :D and the install was pretty cake. Took 3 hrs or so for my buddy and I to get it done. A top side creeper is worth it's weight in gold though.

B585Ford

Reaction score
This turbo is sounding better and better 1300.00 for a turbo that's cheep. Where can I get one? Was it easy to install? He said you don't have to remove both turbos to do just the one. Did you do this at a shop or in your garage? Sorry for all the questions but seems like the way I want to go.

I love mine...I think it was money well spent.

B585Ford

Reaction score
JD,

I am curious as to what intake you and Wayne are running. Have you had any issues with your filter minder?
So far, much to my surprise, it has not even moved and I have ran as high a program at the H&S Hot Damn 300 on a 5R with about 6k miles since it was last cleaned.

jdgleason

Reaction score
JD,

I am curious as to what intake you and Wayne are running. Have you had any issues with your filter minder?
So far, much to my surprise, it has not even moved and I have ran as high a program at the H&S Hot Damn 300 on a 5R with about 6k miles since it was last cleaned.

I'm running the age stage 2 (not the si). I haven't had
My filter minder move yet.

Wayne is running a stock intake with some airflow mods (it's been cut) and he did move his filter minder on a couple occasions.

B585Ford

Reaction score

Wayne is running a stock intake with some airflow mods (it's been cut) and he did move his filter minder on a couple occasions.

Thanks

WoodBoy

Reaction score

What filter? P5R?

Latest posts

Members online