Elite Tow Power Atmosphere turbo data

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I am starting to get the feeling dynos suck. You just put down 87hp/300ft lbs more than my truck on the same dyno. Yet I ran a quicker 1/8 mile time.

There could be a little frustration talking here...

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I am starting to get the feeling dynos suck. You just put down 87hp/300ft lbs more than my truck on the same dyno. Yet I ran a quicker 1/8 mile time.

Dynos are a tuning tool that are only effective for before and after results, run it down the 1/4 mile and plug it into the HP calculator to get a true number.

jdgleason

Reaction score

Your numbers were uncorrected though. The ONLY thing I'm showing is the gains that this turbo gave me. Your track times tell the true story, not the dyno. What the dyno tells me is that the turbo did or didn't work. If I groundnut have gotten both sets of numbers from mikes dyno, I wouldn't have even posted them.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Your numbers were uncorrected though. The ONLY thing I'm showing is the gains that this turbo gave me. Your track times tell the true story, not the dyno. What the dyno tells me is that the turbo did or didn't work. If I groundnut have gotten both sets of numbers from mikes dyno, I wouldn't have even posted them.

I understand it all completly. My baseline dyno is in FL and I did not make it there this winter. Its still frustrating though.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Basically the dyno numbers backed up his track times just a running tool.

I know that just like most everyone. I just don't underestand how two truck that have the same set up, run almost the same track times, can be that much different on the same dyno. I'll quit my bitching and go back to being jealous of your dyno slip.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I know that just like most everyone. I just don't underestand how two truck that have the same set up, run almost the same track times, can be that much different on the same dyno. I'll quit my bitching and go back to being jealous of your dyno slip.

Like stated correction factor has allot to do with it. I'm betting the numbers are close if you turn it off

Pahrump

Reaction score
Ive read the entire thread....and also been drinking.....so dont hate..

But I am wondering WTF is wrong with these time slips...didnt I run 13.3s etc back in 08 with ALL stock components cept a Spartan tune? 13.1 with a little spray.

Truck had a 10" lift and 38s at diesel nats a fat ass driver, and if I remember right weighed in at over 9000lbs that day before I won the sled pulls. This was at sea level with a worthless driver lol

Was that truck something special? I dunno...it ran 12.98 once I lowered it and ran the 305 nittos.....on #2

I have no idea how my new to me 08 runs but it feels good however it has almost 170K on it now....

I guess Im ranting cause I am wanting to do some mods to this truck after I install the lift in a week or so....I would love a wheel or turbo upgrade but if its not going to do much then foke it...Ill stick to a built trans and egr delete.

jdgleason

Reaction score
You're at sea level right? My truck went 12.98 at 1500' on 35's. However at 6,000' it went 13.5 before the turbo. After, it went 13.0. Before the turbo it made 598 on the dyno. After, same dyno it made 667... Who cares about the numbers, the comparisons and gains are what's being shown. If 2 trucks with similar mods show very similar gains, I don't think anyone can refute that data. That's all I was goin for.

Pahrump

Reaction score
Awesome I guess.....I was just saying

DSC_0346.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.