Engine Build

Binder man

Reaction score
I don't see a HPOP listed in your sig. And seeing as you made more power on steet than all out, I'd say your ICP is falling.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Its Joey's modded HPOP. I was under the impression that the Hybrids dont call for that much oil.

My laptop has **** itself so I couldnt use AE while on the rollers.

Yes it was ran at WOT in the video. On each tune. Pretty much one after another.

I put her on cause I wanted to know the HP. I kinda a new from the get go after the build that I wasnt at the 500 mark. Just wanted to confirm it.

Now I have a benchmark and I get my laptop sorted I will begin the diagnostic side of it to see if it is at my end. But I must admit Im leaning towards the HPOP.

One other thing is that I can only get 32psi out of the 38R on the road no matter how hard I try. Didnt think to look while it was on the rollers. It was my first time with a dyno and I was ****ting myself waiting for the motor to blow up :)

It sounded great tho. Absolutely howled nice and smooth and the 38r was whistlin its tits off. The bloke who ran the dyno is a well respected drag racer and engine builder. He was very impressed but there aint no one around he that does diesels. They are all gassers. What Im doing over here is unheard of.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Its Joey's modded HPOP. I was under the impression that the Hybrids dont call for that much oil.

My laptop has **** itself so I couldnt use AE while on the rollers.

Yes it was ran at WOT in the video. On each tune. Pretty much one after another.

I put her on cause I wanted to know the HP. I kinda a new from the get go after the build that I wasnt at the 500 mark. Just wanted to confirm it.

Now I have a benchmark and I get my laptop sorted I will begin the diagnostic side of it to see if it is at my end. But I must admit Im leaning towards the HPOP.

One other thing is that I can only get 32psi out of the 38R on the road no matter how hard I try. Didnt think to look while it was on the rollers. It was my first time with a dyno and I was ****ting myself waiting for the motor to blow up :)

It sounded great tho. Absolutely howled nice and smooth and the 38r was whistlin its tits off. The bloke who ran the dyno is a well respected drag racer and engine builder. He was very impressed but there aint no one around he that does diesels. They are all gassers. What Im doing over here is unheard of.

Then we need to get this right so you can properly represent:D

The idle sounded bad. Do you have enough miles on it to run the air out of the oil rails? Is there any smoke at warm idle?

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Then we need to get this right so you can properly represent:D

The idle sounded bad. Do you have enough miles on it to run the air out of the oil rails? Is there any smoke at warm idle?

The idle has sounded like like from day one. Sounds lumpy like a big cam at first then smooths out.
The engine is very noisy imo.
Sometimes it will smoke at warm up and then sometimes it wont.
It has about 3000kms since rebuild.
Just had a listen to the video with the head phones on. the audio on that camera aint that much chop. I wouldnt judge that sound.

Last edited:

neverkickn

Reaction score
If there is any then there is too much. Matts tunes should idle very smooth.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Did a wot run in top gear economy tune. Could only get up to 2700rpm due to running out of road. Cant post the data (had to do a factory reset on my laptop). But ICP was around 2600psi and Duty cycle was 35%.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Did a wot run in top gear economy tune. Could only get up to 2700rpm due to running out of road. Cant post the data (had to do a factory reset on my laptop). But ICP was around 2600psi and Duty cycle was 35%.

Needs more oil

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Southmike

Reaction score
Buy a inverter and run your laptop plugged in ....they are a cheap cure and unlimited battery time..

Latest posts

Members online