Engine swap

joe d

Reaction score
Id get a new cps that random dieing could be an early sign of a dying cps. Good to here all is good.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Even with a new engine? I'll check the resistance and connect the ends with a paperclip see if it moves at all see what I get.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a couple questions ; )
When you do the paperclip in the end off the water temp sensor wires is the truck supposed to be on or off and do I need a second person? I don't know if it's supposed to move up down stay up or down or just move when I connect them then go back to the starting position? I know about the cps I just want to check for shorts and the sensor before I do anything.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

joe d

Reaction score
Fwiw i can let my truck idel in 40 degree weather for ten min and it still be at 100 degree. My dash light dont move till my mechanical gauge is at about 140 takes about 10 min idel and 5-8 min driveing 45 plus. Takes about 25 min total ro reach 165-180

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
I am also wondering about my turbo. When I had everything apart I rebuilt it, power seems fine but it sounds different now. Before I heard it wind up and usually when I let off the gas it would make a "psst" sound. Now there's more of a whistle and no psst... worried I tightened the wheel up to much and it's not building up as much pressure as it was or should? Not sure how I would check it.
I keep checking for soot on all of the connections and everything seems good. No leaks I can find...

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
One more thing :)
The exhaust is burning like a son of a gun! Smoking a little in start up but not much but man oh man is it burn your eyes and smells rough. I did the a.i.h. ****** but not sure if that would make that much of a difference. it's a different engine and different tunes so not surprised things are different just checking in to see if its normal or not.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
The water temp gauge is like this when the key is off. uploadfromtaptalk1459557083032.jpg

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Like this when the key is on or running. Hasn't moved at all with 300 miles on it other than those 2 positions. uploadfromtaptalk1459557279796.jpg

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
When I put the paperclip in the pigtail and turn the key on I get nothing. I believe that means I need to check the wiring for a short?
If that doesn't make sense please let me know.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Found this when I went flush my coolant today...uploadfromtaptalk1459644293728.jpg
Orielly wants 75.00 for one. I repaired it for now.
Anyone know where I can get a cheaper one? Maybe plastic?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Jesus christ...where tf did you get that? If that was on your vehicle you may want to inspect some stuff before you get this on the road.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If the gauge is staying in that spot check the tstat....if the truck never warms up you will have crappy idle and the exhaust wont get hot it'll idle like you just started it.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
I thought the engine got that information from the oil temp?
What other things should I inspect? I just flushed the coolant. What do I look for on the tstat?
Thanks

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Started right up this morning. 34° no problems. Little bit of hissing for a couple miles but barely noticeable. I'll keep y'all updated.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.