Eric's tunes and higher than normal idle

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Usually it's a bad EGT sensor or the "no EGT sensor option" was accidentally chosen in the custom options. Other than that, it should idle fine.

Thanks.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't even have the option for "no exhaust sensors" on my livewire. Aaron told me to try updating the filmware on livewire and going from.there. I think I have a spare egt sensor I can plug in I just don't know which one it is.

MINK

Reaction score
I don't even have the option for "no exhaust sensors" on my livewire. Aaron told me to try updating the filmware on livewire and going from.there. I think I have a spare egt sensor I can plug in I just don't know which one it is.

same here, my issue was also with version 2.5.5

Dzchey21

Reaction score
oh got ya ok.

I think i got it nailed down to the first exhaust temp sensor, i cant find my spare tho ill look tomorrow

Dzchey21

Reaction score
returned the truck to stock and it idles fine

Filmware apears to be the latest version but i cannot select "no dpf sensors" or anything like that, Anyone got any ideas? I really dont want to buy a sensor if i dont have to.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
returned the truck to stock and it idles fine

Filmware apears to be the latest version but i cannot select "no dpf sensors" or anything like that, Anyone got any ideas? I really dont want to buy a sensor if i dont have to.

If it idles fine being returned to stock doesn't that rule out the sensor?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't know...

But egt sensor number 1 reads 1473 all the time so I'm sure that's the problem sensor

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No vids just been enjoying cruising it around honestly. After this weekend ill have some more time. Ill try and get an in cab vids soon

Black 08

Reaction score
Did u try a kem or spartan tune in it, then u should know if its in erics tune or not.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
no i didnt, too much of a paint to load to stock then load a spartan tune, and then back over again, i think i know whats wrong but i still wish i could just shut this stuff off

WoodBoy

Reaction score
What is Eric talking about an option to disable the sensors? Is that in the new firmware or what?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What is Eric talking about an option to disable the sensors? Is that in the new firmware or what?

I checked and i have the latest filmware according to sct which is 6.4.063 so i dunno.

I got it fixed just a minute ago, it was the plug under the master cylinder that you have to remove when you lift the cab, its seen better days and some of the pins dont lock like they should...

So for now its good but i still would like to know what its going to take to just shut them off, that would be the better option for me anyway.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
10-4, hows she sound?

im running a muffler and a resonator, so you dont hear much of anything but the chargers whistling, sounds gnarly i love it. Inside the cab is back to quiet like it was with stock turbos (truck has been loud in cab since the single) So far im liking it, getting used to how the turbos spool ect, so im trying to stay on top of smoke control but i still get a bit of a haze that im not too excited about.

Latest posts

Members online