Eric's tunes and higher than normal idle

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
im running a muffler and a resonator, so you dont hear much of anything but the chargers whistling, sounds gnarly i love it. Inside the cab is back to quiet like it was with stock turbos (truck has been loud in cab since the single) So far im liking it, getting used to how the turbos spool ect, so im trying to stay on top of smoke control but i still get a bit of a haze that im not too excited about.

Awesome, cant wait to see what she does in the 1/4 and dyno.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Your always gonna have a little smoke even stock injector trucks have a haze at part throttle

Last edited by a moderator:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its definatly alot better than it was with the procharger or the single that i had thats for sure. I just want smoke free in the truest sense.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
If you turn off the sensors on the later flashes, it kicks the idle up. There are a few flashes in 08 that you can turn them off without the increased idle.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks eric this will work for know. I dont even have the option to turn off the sensors tho...

BTW the MAF seams to be fine with the 6 inch air filter pipe just like you said

Mpoage

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this old of a thread back up but my buddy is having this same problem. We just installed a 5 inch exhaust with no bungs and innovative tunes about 3 hours ago. The first time we tuned it we put it on extreme race but I accidentally forgot to put it on racelock so I retuned it and the problem was still there. It threw the P041D code multiple times and from what I've read it has to do with the egr. So we have our fun with extreme race and I put it extreme street with racelock shifting. I got on the road and got on it a little bit and it hit 40 psi and went to reduced engine power but with no check engine light and I checked with the livewire and there's nothing. I restart the truck and all these codes pop up U0115, u00100, P041D, P0234,U0100. I cleared them and went for a drive and all was good. I get back and shut it off then restart it and it throws the P041D again. Were really just wanting to get this idle problem figured out because it is so annoying and figure out what we need to do to keep it from throwing that code. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My sensors are just plugged in and zip tied up. Make sure they read close to ambient air temp

Sent from my DROIDX

Reaction score
Do they actually need to be in the exhaust or can I just zip tie them up? He bought everything from you and the exhaust you sent doesent have any bungs in it.

That's fine as well, sorry about that. It's not a big deal, but we should have sent one with bungs. Just plug them in and zip tie them up. Let me know if you need anything.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.